It is a work in progress C4C:

Would you rather have a friend who
Is sad for themselves when you succeed,
Is disappointed in you when you fail,
And encourages you to not try,

Or a friend who
Is happy for you when you succeed,
Is disappointed in you when you don’t try
And encourages you to try again if you fail?

Most people would rather have the former and I know why,
But I prefer the friend who is disappointed if I don’t try.
Last edited by 21wickwing at Feb 10, 2012,
i really like it, but i think maybe an explanation would be cool for people like me who don't know why people would rather have the former

c4c?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
i really like it, but i think maybe an explanation would be cool for people like me who don't know why people would rather have the former

c4c?

Alright, I can give an explanation surely! So the former is the typical friend. One who will smile with you when you succeed, but will feel like a failure on the inside because you're success shows their incapability to succeed. When you fail, they are dissapointed in you because it shows you didn't have the talent to succeed. They tell you not to try so you protect yourself from failure. Instead of saying "go for it" they say something like "too much effort" or "you can't do it." It is the easy friend to have because that friend will try to protect your talents and put excuses on other things (ie they are richer than you, better educated, it was raining, NOT YOUR FAULT).

The latter is somebody who will push you to grow. They will be truly happy for your successes because they believe it does not reflect on their own talents and abilities at all. They are disappointed when you don't try because you are not pushing yourself. This is the friend who will encourage you to try again after you fail. This is the friend that will say "go for it!" It is hard to have this friend because you cannot find excuses to protect yourself. If you fail, it means you need to improve your ability and try harder next time and keep improving until you succeed. This requires effort and a constant mirror reflection of who you are (which can sometimes be ugly.)
Last edited by 21wickwing at Feb 9, 2012,
ohhh, i see, it's all an internal conflict, like fake friends as opposed to real friends, i gotchu now it is pretty good, i like it
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Quote by IronMaiden76
ohhh, i see, it's all an internal conflict, like fake friends as opposed to real friends, i gotchu now it is pretty good, i like it

exactly, this is how I see fake friends vs real friends. The true friend is the one who pushes you to become a better person when you fail AND will be truly happy and there for you when you succeed. The fake friend is the one who gives you excuses when you fail AND will not be there for you (truly) when you succeed (because they believe it shows their own inadequacies).
i think the reason i like this so much is because i can really relate to it, you know, what with being in high school and everything lol
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699