I was playing my guitar the other day and on the high E string, the 2nd 4th 7th 12th 13th and 14th frets just went dead when i played them, like a bum note. Then over the past week the whole string is like that now and most the B string and a few on the G string, does anyone have any clue what it is and how to fix it?!

cheers
Worn strings that make the neck go more straight so all you get now is fretbuzzing? Not sure, but that might well be the case. How long have you been playing with these strings?
What kind of acoustic? Which part of the country or world do you live? Is the relative humidity in your home extremely low? Do you know how to check an acoustic guitar for signs of low humidity?
could be that your strings are too old or perhaps your house is too dry for the guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
i would guess dry also, i keep all mine in my mancave in my basement with humidifiers and de-humidifiers. i usually leave one upstairs where its much drier. i have to rotate them after a week or so because its so dry up there. it buzzes a bit if they stay upstairs too long. so... strings and a humidfier.
I live in Manchester, UK. Can't say i've noticed my room is dryer than the one i moved out of 2 months ago.. last changed strings at the start of december. so around 2 months ago. do i just changed the strings and it should be ok?
possibly changing the strings will do it. if not, buy a hygrometer, test it, use it. my friends are always saying "wow, it's humid" or "it's sooo dry", and they're almost always wrong. also keep in mind that using a heater OR an air conditioner can greatly dry the air where you live.

Quote by asherj123
I live in Manchester, UK. Can't say i've noticed my room is dryer than the one i moved out of 2 months ago.. last changed strings at the start of december. so around 2 months ago. do i just changed the strings and it should be ok?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!