Well today I realized that Guitar Center has this Valentine's Day deal going on http://www.guitarcenter.com/Promos/ClaimDiscountCoupon.aspx?pid=4691, and I decided now is the time to pick up an acoustic. I primarily play a Fender (Made in Mexico) HSS Stratocaster and am about at an intermediate level of play. I figure a reasonable price would be hitting the $299 mark, but I am willing to go slightly over for a quality instrument.

Here's a Rough Outline
Budget: Aprox $300
Desired Features:
Six Strings (Not into twelvers just yet)
A Solid Top (Unless you can find me a true high quality Laminate or Fiberglass)
A Cutaway (This is an almost must)
Integrated Electronics (I do not own an amp intended for Acoustic guitars and I imagine it wouldn't sound all that nice through my primary practice amp, a Vox VT15, but I would like to have options open, and an integrated tuner would make me very happy)
I don't really know a lot about the wood types and don't have a particular preference for necks or fretboards.
I don't really have a preference for particular brands in the Acoustic world or where its made assuming it comes set up properly (I can do basic set up minus the Truss Rod which I've never attempted to adjust.)

Also the discount does NOT cover used instruments.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and thanks for your advice
perhaps that user isn't very experienced. on the other hand, i have most of my guitars set up because i've only ever played a very few (and all more than your budget) that suited me out of the box.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
perhaps that user isn't very experienced. on the other hand, i have most of my guitars set up because i've only ever played a very few (and all more than your budget) that suited me out of the box.

I see why, but money don't grow on trees. I'll head to the store and check one out for myself though.
I don't own a cheap Yamaha. I have the A3R, which goes for $900. But it's a great guitar with a whole lot of bang for the buck. I assume Yamaha is this way in general.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Quote by davidkamayor
I see why, but money don't grow on trees. I'll head to the store and check one out for myself though.
Well, yes it does. But, it gets heavily processed, then approved by a government before it actually becomes money. Well granted, coins don't grow on trees. Take a woman with you when you buy it, she'll always have the change.

Ironic isn't it, the guitar, and the money to buy it, may have come from the same tree.....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 11, 2012,
Quote by patticake
this one fits your list perfectly and sounds pretty good. my husband considers it one of the best deals in guitars.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-FGX700SC-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-106863996-i1932839.gc

I went to guitar center today. Saw that Yamaha was about to pick it up, but then I fell in love with a beautiful Fender and it just had to go home with me. The heart wants what the heart wants. Thanks for the advice though.
Which Fender did you get? I just bought a "Sonoran" a couple months ago, and I'm pretty happy with it?
I missed your post back with the pictures, sorry. So, a belated Happy NGD!

The guitar looks real nice. I wish you a lot of luck with it....