Poll: Do you think that the internet and technology empowering people is a good thing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think that the internet and technology empowering people is a good thing?
Yes, absolutely.
6 43%
No not really.
2 14%
To a certain extent.
6 43%
Voters: 14.
No i cannot do anything leave me alone to go cry in my corner
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I got bored midway and closed it.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yeah... you COULD do anything. But because all of the technology and stuff we rather play another game on the Xbox/Praystation or whatever station than practising guitar or some other useful thing
Quote by darkstar2466
I got bored midway and closed it.

You only really need to watch 10 seconds to get the point.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
I can do all things through christ who gives me strength.

Trollface.jpg
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
No, you can only do certain things based on your environment, social development and skills.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I disagree

Internet is a hate machine

You can't do anything and OP is a huge phaggot.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Talk Box
You only really need to watch 10 seconds to get the point.

Their satirical skit kind of annoyed me, but I'll agree that the age of technology empowers an individual to be able to take actions to affect the entire world, influence the path of our journey, influence our culture, values, morals, etc.

The trick is in understanding how as one measly individual, you can compete with the likes of giant multinational corporations and secret agreements between anyone and everyone all around the world, all who want to prevent you from having influence as one person. That's what corporations are most afraid of - individuals.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think unless you're an entrepreneur or small business/business owner, or someone in the medical/science field who relies on the internet for marketing/ordering/customer interactions and business transactions, or beneficial research, the internet doesn't empower you; it just gives people a forum to spout useless crap which we 'think' really matters into digital space.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I think unless you're an entrepreneur or small business/business owner, or someone in the medical/science field who relies on the internet for marketing/ordering/customer interactions and business transactions, or beneficial research, the internet doesn't empower you; it just gives people a forum to spout useless crap which we 'think' really matters into digital space.

What about artists? Sure it does. By providing people with a way to showcase themselves (eg:youtube) it gives them a sense of worth, talent, and importance.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by strat0blaster

You just explained the business plan of basically every social media site congratulations
Quote by Talk Box
What about artists? Sure it does. By providing people with a way to showcase themselves (eg:youtube) it gives them a sense of worth, talent, and importance.

God damnit how did I leave artists out of that?

It was the whole fundamental basis for the comment I made, but I got so hung up on how to say what I wanted I forgot to put it in

Yes, artists.
Quote by ridicilus
You just explained the business plan of basically every social media site congratulations

Yeah I forgot about that - which was it that specialized in the ordering and delivery of sensitive medical materials that save lives; Facebook or Google+?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Feb 9, 2012,