So last night I heard coyotes fighting a group of raccoons not too far from my house. I live near a ravine so this kind of thing isn't too far from ordinary. I've also seen a great hawk fight against a rabbit and crows in my own backyard.

It got me thinking that we watch stuff like Planet Earth all the time for how spectacular everything seems, including the scenes of animals hunting or fighting. Never mind those, just everything about those kinds of films are breathtaking. However, we have that kind of thing in our own neighborhoods and even our own backyards.

Have any of you had crazy animal experiences not too far from where you live? If so, do tell what happened.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Got raped by a hippo once.

Sorry, man. I tried to pull my mom off..

That was mean, she's not even fat. I'm sorry, mom
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Urban Foxes, we have these things here.

When they make a noise, it's like a baby dieing, screaming bloody murder.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
A seagull stole my fries.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If flies come in my house I'm gonna fuck them up. Any other flying insects are cool but flies are filthy beasts.
yeah, I meant ask, what's a trowzaa?

I guess this is what I get for not paying attention.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Called some guy a **** for spamming threads where he said some gibberish and posted a YT link.

He was defending the rest of us from sub par posting.
I saw a hawk eat a puppy

Quote by treborillusion
Urban Foxes, we have these things here.
When they make a noise, it's like a baby dieing, screaming bloody murder.

i prefer the "baby getting raped" to describe the sound.

some family of mine lives in a wooded area and they hear all kinds of animals getting ****ed up and screaming bloody murder in their back yard.

also, i got lost in the woods with some friends during a bear alert while camping. we saw a creepy dude in a clown costume walking down a path.
Quote by devourke
Called some guy a **** for spamming threads where he said some gibberish and posted a YT link.

He was defending the rest of us from sub par posting.

Since when is that a bannable offense? It happens all the time in the Pit.

OT: Eh, not really. Just a bunch of annoying birds.
Quote by MinterMan22
I saw a hawk eat a puppy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4TU_R7J3c
Quote by laid-to-waste
Birds are funny.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I've almost run over a small mammal (fox? cat? I dunno, hard to tell from how high I sit up), a seagull, a couple deer, some crows, and several squirrels. That's about it for animal experiences for me.
TS, I notice you live in Toronto. I do to and I once saw a deer in my back yard. My neighborhood is full of fenced in backyards and the deer just jumped over those fences like they were nothing. I live in the east end a few dozen blocks from scarborough, so it was pretty cool and weird.
I grew up in the country, so lots of foxes, I ran over bambi, have killed many an unwitting rabbit with my car, hear the coyotes every night, seen bears crossing the street, and had neighbors lose cats to mountain lions. The lot.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Last edited by kaptkegan at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by Extra Ordinary
TS, I notice you live in Toronto. I do to and I once saw a deer in my back yard. My neighborhood is full of fenced in backyards and the deer just jumped over those fences like they were nothing. I live in the east end a few dozen blocks from scarborough, so it was pretty cool and weird.

Ah yeah I see deer quite often. They tend to be very harmless so it's awesome how close they can get to you before darting off.
A baby racoon attacked my horse about six months ago. It was a strange site, wrapped around his fetlock biting the shit out of him. Vicious little bastards.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I saw a wasp s a huntsman, doesn't seem that cool. Trust me it's awesome, wasp wins %90 of the time