i have only heard bits and pieces of this story in the news but one thing i keep hearing is how the contraception issue involves religious freedom.so Does some one care to explain to me how they are connected?
Basically what it boils down to is that some religious-based businesses are being required to offer a health insurance plan which covers contraceptive medication for their employees. Some of these businesses (churches are NOT required to do this) are getting asshurt because they feel like it violates their religious freedom to pay for contraception of any kind.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by brender
i have only heard bits and pieces of this story in the news but one thing i keep hearing is how the contraception issue involves religious freedom.so Does some one care to explain to me how they are connected?

Pope wears a funny hat. Condom is a funny hat for your penis.
Quote by Weaponized
Made me think of

My favorite 8-bit FPS of all time. SO. AWESOME.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by StewieSwan
Basically what it boils down to is that some religious-based businesses are being required to offer a health insurance plan which covers contraceptive medication for their employees. Some of these businesses (churches are NOT required to do this) are getting asshurt because they feel like it violates their religious freedom to pay for contraception of any kind.

Yes, but in addition to these businesses, the Catholic church is getting asshurt for the businesses too.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
a catholic hospital wont provide their employees birth control as a part of insurance, while other companies allow the insurance to provide birth control.
the catholics think its unreligious or whatever to use it, so one working at a catholic hospital - even if not catholic, cannot get birth control that others can
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
No condomed Catholics makes more Catholics
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by SFosterS
No condomed Catholics makes more Catholics

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

I guess he's really pissed at me for committing mass genocide for eleven years in a row.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Is it a coincidence the end of that rhymes with masterbate
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Obama wants to start handing out birth control pills to teenage girls, and religious people are upset because Obama's a muslim.
Quote by iplayat11
the Catholic church is getting asshurt

So the tables have turned!
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every shit is smelly.
Not all shits are gross.
If a shit is let loose in your pants,
You gonna get shit from your bros.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Every shit is smelly.
Not all shits are gross.
If a shit is let loose in your pants,
You gonna get shit from your bros.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by StewieSwan

summed up quite nicely

religious businesses seem to be under the impression that we don't live in a pluralistic society where everyone's needs must be accommodated for.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat