Have you ever thought about if you'd be a better guitarist using the other hand? For example, I fret with my left hand and strum with my right, but I've always wondered if maybe I'd be better if I flipped that where I fret with my right and strum with my left.

Thoughts?
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Yeah i have tried that a couple of times. so far i can play a couple of chords while playing left handed. i heard somewhere you can actually teach your self to use both hands.
Quote by orangepi
Yeah i have tried that a couple of times. so far i can play a couple of chords while playing left handed. i heard somewhere you can actually teach your self to use both hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
No, I don't see what difference it'd make, other than setting me back to square one where I have no idea how to play the instrument. It'd be a pretty stupid thing to waste my time & money on.
No. I have never wondered that. Plus lefty instruments cost more and don't come in as much variety.

I do wonder why people start the instrument left-handed to begin with. It's just as easy for a left-handed person to learn to play it right-handed from the start.
Yes. I'm left handed but play right handed. Like many lefties, it just seemed correct because my left hand is stronger therefore better for fretting. But it makes me wonder.

You can't really just "try it and see" because you have all the muscle memory and practice the other way around.

Obviously it'd be a waste of time after years of playing and building muscle memory, but I meant do you wonder if it'd be different the other way around. Like SaintsofNowhere said, he's a lefty and his left hand is stronger, therefore theoretically better suited for fretting, so he's a righty guitarist.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Yes. I'm left handed but play right handed. Like many lefties, it just seemed correct because my left hand is stronger therefore better for fretting. But it makes me wonder.

You can't really just "try it and see" because you have all the muscle memory and practice the other way around.

Stronger? It has little to do with that. Besides, picking is a much more complicated motion than fretting.

When starting out, however, it doesn't matter.
I never really had trouble fretting with my left hand. I mean, at first yeah, but I don't think it woulda been mindblowingly easier with my right hand. Sure, I can't write or throw baseballs with my left hand, but I do lots of stuff with it, like catching baseballs & cutting steak & typing & playin' the keyboard, so it's not like it's totally devoid of fine motor skills.

I mean, that's like why not type with yr right hand & mouse with yr left?
Or why didn't musicians think of this forever ago & flip violins & such around?

I don't think you're onto anything.
As a lefty playing righty, I've often thought that, then I see people like MAB and Gus G, two lefties playing righty and realize, it doesn't matter. I tried playing left handed at it was horrible.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

I do wonder why people start the instrument left-handed to begin with. It's just as easy for a left-handed person to learn to play it right-handed from the start.

it just felt natural for me to play left handed they tried to teach me right handed but it felt clumsy(er) and i had way less control than the other way...
Quote by trainspotted11
As a lefty playing righty, I've often thought that, then I see people like MAB and Gus G, two lefties playing righty and realize, it doesn't matter. I tried playing left handed at it was horrible.

MAB is ambidextrous
I'd already been playing air guitar, cardboard guitar, and tennis racket guitar righty for years before I learnt how to play wooden guitar. So it's just natural.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها