Anyone did? I thought about buying this, would be very fun to try with all my VSTi I reckon. I'd also be eager to try this in a live setting and in a band.
The prefix "EZ-" on anything makes it seem like it's aimed at noobs. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing solos on the first 12 frets with an octave function either. It does look pretty interesting though.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
The prefix "EZ-" on anything makes it seem like it's aimed at noobs. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing solos on the first 12 frets with an octave function either. It does look pretty interesting though.

Well, if you know what I mean, I don't mean to use it as I would use my electric guitar, I'd consider this a whole different instrument.
I have not tried the Yamaha but I have the YRG-1000 and like it so far. It is proving tricky to set up and should NOT be thought of as a guitar. It plays similarly to a guitar but has it's own difficulties and intricacies. One can not do a pull off to an open string,no left handed vibrato, you can't rest your pick on the string or play a harmonic are the most quickly discovered differences.
All in all, it's a $100 midi interface that plays similarly to a guitar. It seems that most folks are waiting on the triple play (by Fishman I think) to do what it is we are asking of this thing.