Really man, that needs a lot of work. Why aren't there any drums on it?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
You'll probably get a more detailed breakdown in the crit my mix thread. A lot of the guys who regular that thread really know what they're talking about.

But since I'm feeling in a non-dickish mood for once, I'll tell you roughly what's wrong with this.

The guitar would maybe work in a black metal band, however for a rock song this is far too buzz saw like to sound good (how did you record them?) and you've only tracked it once, pretty much everyone records at least two takes and pan them. The bass takes up far too many frequencies and thus over takes everything.

I'm tempted to say that you've not EQ'd the instruments into their own space at all.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Feb 10, 2012,
It's recorded through some lower end dynamic mics onto a zoom r16, the guitar is running through a Fender frontman 15watt. I'm going to try and get the guitarist to roll off the high freq a bit and roll off the distortion a bit.

And theres no drums because our drummer was a narcoleptic so we're inbetween drummers at the moment.

And I'm still learning the whole mixing proccess as this is my first multi-tracker so I'm trying to eq things into their own space, but I'm clearly failing to do that, I'll go back to listing to other mixes and try to emulate them, maybe read more on the subject.

Also going to get an sm57. Maybe two.
Last edited by Big-TOG at Feb 10, 2012,
Please post in the correct place (the Crit My Mix sticky at the top of the forum).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com