Hey guys.

I've always wanted a half stack, but could never afford one. But I was browsing gumtree tonight and found this http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-musical-instruments-guitars-guitar-amps-Quad-Box-W0QQAdIdZ353618638

Is it possible to just run directly into the box? I can't afford any sort of valve head atm (had my eye on a ht5) and though this might be a good alternative? It's 4x12 as well with 4x50 watt speakers. Does that also mean it's 200 watts? If so, will that be too loud for home use?

Thanks,
Adam
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It's just a box with speakers in, there's nothing in there that actually makes sound - on that basis it won't be too loud for home use, on account of being incapable of making any noise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
But why?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Four 50 watt speakers, if I'm reading the ad correctly, means that the speakers will handle 50 watts of power each.. Depending on how it's wired, it means that the cabinet will handle 200 watts of power before it will blow up...

This is just a speaker.. you still need an amp to get sound out of it... sorry... but of course with all the equipment on your profile... you knew that anyway...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Feb 10, 2012,
Because it's not an amp, it's just speakers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
to run guitar -> speakers = no amp which means nothing to convert the signal to sound hence why you need a head in there to make it make noise.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
A guitar signal is really weak, it can´t power the passive speakers, you need to amplify it first.
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard