Hey guys,
I recently purchased a Pod X3 Live from eBay and im still waiting for the package to arrive.
Any way I have a question that has been bothering me for time now.
The X3 Live comes with a USB out so that you can get your tones easily though Pod Farm and also to record.
So my questions is, is it worth buying a Mic and a Audio Interface for recording instead of direct recording?

Lest make this a little bit easier to understand... 2 Ways:
A - Guitar -> X3 Live -> PC (Using USB) or,
B - Guitar -> X3 Live -> Monitors -> Mic them up -> Audio Interface -> PC

Is it really worth spending like 300$ on this? What is the difference? I already have monitors so both ways the outputs will be monitors

I also have another question, If I go either way do I need to connect the Monitors to the PC or to the X3?

Thanks for the help!
The whole point of a pod is to go direct in. So no. No mic. And connect the monitors to the pc so that you can hear the drums, bass, etc when recording.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
1. Try for yourself and do what you like better.

2. I assume you have to connect your monitors to the POD, since that's the way you do it with my UX2.
In that situation, there really isn't much point. If you were recording a £1500 valve amp it would be a different issue, but if you're recording through the X3 anyway you can just use a cab impulse vst and probably get equal or better results.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
So wait. Your asking if you should DI your guitar, then mic up your speakers and record them with a mic?

The answer is no, you shouldn't do that.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
So wait. Your asking if you should DI your guitar, then mic up your speakers and record them with a mic?

The answer is no, you shouldn't do that.

This.
Doing that would achieve pretty much nothing. If you mic up a decent guitar amp, then use the POD as an interface you could get some good sounds
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that