Hey guys. I'm thinking of buying a multi effects guitar prcessor between the 200-300$ price range, which would be good for home recordings. I have a LTD MH-53. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Line 6 Pod HD series used. Great sounding amp models and effects. If you are lucky you will find one for that price, albeit it may be a cheaper model such as the HD300, but they all have pretty much the same stuff iirc, just more or less flexibility. Failing that, a used Digitech RP500 or RP1000.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Line 6 Pod HD series used. Great sounding amp models and effects. If you are lucky you will find one for that price, albeit it may be a cheaper model such as the HD300, but they all have pretty much the same stuff iirc, just more or less flexibility. Failing that, a used Digitech RP500 or RP1000.

I was thinking about the Line 6 POD HD too. Looks really great.

What about the Line 6 Floor POD Plus?
Last edited by theaxeofpain at Feb 10, 2012,
Most all the POD stuff is supposed to be great, but the HD is the most recent and authentic sounding of all of them. I don't own one, I want to clarify that, but the model you mentioned is an older one if I am correct, it will most likely still sound good, but not as good and "realistic" (true to what it is modeling) as the HD series. I would suggest trying both if you can, and watching plenty of demos. I would go with an HD if money allows.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Most all the POD stuff is supposed to be great, but the HD is the most recent and authentic sounding of all of them. I don't own one, I want to clarify that, but the model you mentioned is an older one if I am correct, it will most likely still sound good, but not as good and "realistic" (true to what it is modeling) as the HD series. I would suggest trying both if you can, and watching plenty of demos. I would go with an HD if money allows.

Thanks for the advice. Well, I'm not looking for anything fancy. I'm currently making a demo with my band, but the Zoom G1Xn sucks, or I don't know how to use it. Anyway, I'm sure either of them would be a lot better than my current one.
I have a zoom g3 and I think it not only has great effects but the amp models sound good, plus its pretty cheap.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
I have a zoom g3 and I think it not only has great effects but the amp models sound good, plus its pretty cheap.

+1 I love my g3.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by guitarguychris1

I'll check this out too, thanks.
Quote by theaxeofpain
I'll check this out too, thanks.

Don't be discouraged by some of the crappy older zoom stuff, the 9.2tt and g3 are a few steps above their older stuff. I think some of the best multi effects out there, especially for the price.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
or if you want to be patient and wait a few months the g5 is supposed to be coming out in may and it looks killer.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
or if you want to be patient and wait a few months the g5 is supposed to be coming out in may and it looks killer.

Just checked it, it really does look killer. Any idea for the price though?
Right now hellomusic.com has the Boss ME-70 for $199, which is a good deal. You have to sign up to view the offers and they change daily. And they sell out fast. I've seen some pretty killer deals go by. I picked up a Roland GR-55 w/ hex pickup for $584 shipped when the street price is $900. They send daily emails announcing the deals.

Apparently the items are often gray market and don't have the manufacture warranty but they claim a 365 day return policy to protect the buyer. Ship times can take up to 3 weeks. It took that long to ship my GR-55 but it was worth every penny I saved.
Quote by theaxeofpain
Just checked it, it really does look killer. Any idea for the price though?

I havent heard anything on price, but based on the g3 and 9.2tt I'm assuming it will be in the $300-$350 range. Zoom is very reasonable with their prices.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
I saw a preview web page on google (im at school everything blocked except UG). the webpage was for guitarpedalstore.com and it sayed 299. i dk if this is legit or not cause i cant chekc the site.
Quote by theaxeofpain
I also checked Zoom g7.1 and Zoom g9.2. I would assume that g9.2 is better.

Yup
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
But the g3 has a newer newer processor so it's going to sound better than the g9.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
if u can squeeze a bit more cash and with a bit of looking u can get a boss gt10 or line 6 hd500 in the used department. both are fantastic.

or u can look into FREE vst systems. since you are doing home recordings. all that you will need to buy is an interface which are relatively cheap.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Last edited by iheartgun at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by iheartgun
if u can squeeze a bit more cash and with a bit of looking u can get a boss gt10 or line 6 hd500 in the used department. both are fantastic.

or u can look into FREE vst systems. since you are doing home recordings. all that you will need to buy is an interface which are relatively cheap.

I will also use it live though.

Both Line 6 HD 500 and Boss GT-10 look fantastic, but a little pricey for my budget.
i found my gt10 for 399usd at GC so they can be had for cheap if you look. and after some gear trade in i walked out paying 28 bucks. mainly for the protection plan.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

I'll look around in shops, though there aren't many around here, then online. Anyone knows any online shop that ships in Albania? Most of them (mostly based in UK and US) don't ship here.