Page 1 of 3

Yes, it came today! Everything seems in great condition for the price of $249.99. Wasnt able to crank it or anything. Tried a couple things. Fuzz sounded really digital, then again I didnt have time to mess with the eq on it or anything. I've heard pedals sound good through it, so thats awesome. It is alot bigger and heavier than I expected. this thing is huge. just grabbed the jackson and played through it for right now. Ill try out the ltd later when my wife wakes up lol. but i am very satisfied with it. I even included a picture of the tubes heating up. i know nothing about tubes? do they look right? and like everyone said huge difference from the vypyr 15. thanks for everything guys in helping me get a steal of a deal. i got a new amp and guitar for under 700. not too shabby. later today will be beer and metal riffage time. thanks again.

EDIT:If somebody can recommend me some popular recording software I could possibly find, id make some sound samples.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 10, 2012,
Hey congrats man

I'm sure if you were playing it low enough to not wake people it's gonna sound a little thin, and fizzy. Later when you crank that bastard up a bit, it'll surely sound better. Yeah, for $250 you really couldn't do much better without resorting to theft.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
Hey congrats man

I'm sure if you were playing it low enough to not wake people it's gonna sound a little thin, and fizzy. Later when you crank that bastard up a bit, it'll surely sound better. Yeah, for $250 you really couldn't do much better without resorting to theft.

oh hell yeah dude. im pumped. cant wait to crank this beast up, im gonna do a headphone test later too, wonder if it sounds any better through headphones than my 15.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I mean I dont LOVE modeling amps either. but for the money, its good for me. im a beginner. but then again my brothe rin law whos been playing for almost 20 years use uses a old practice amp and a roland jazz chorus 90. hes gonna have fun with this today when he comes over.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
coughsamperacough,,,

HNAD!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah, start stacking pennies for the footpedal for sure. Surely you can find one used on the cheap.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Quote by gregs1020
coughsamperacough,,,

HNAD!

+1

Also, Reaper is a good recording program.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
A good recording software is Reaper. Trust me you wont go wrong, and its VERY affordable, "free"...

HNAD on that Tube 60. The louder you get it the better it sounds in my opinion. Just remember to try to get it propped up on something to get the speaker off the floor.

Ohh, and yes the Sanpera will make you love the amp even more! Lots of neat things hiding in that pedeal like the looper.
ohh awesome, ill start saving up for that dudes. thanks alot. and ::
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Highelf04
Misleading box is misleading.....

Happy new amp day

My used 6505 212 combo came in a line 6 spider III box

romeozdistress,

Grats on the new toy, hope it's exactly what you want/need!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
My used 6505 212 combo came in a line 6 spider III box

romeozdistress,

Grats on the new toy, hope it's exactly what you want/need!

thanks bud.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
well it worked for a whole 2 hours. lol. now its dead, wont power up or anything. this sucks man. i was all excited. didnt even make it past half way or anything. should have expected something to mess up with a used amp I guess.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
What happened? Describe it dying.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by romeozdistress
well it worked for a whole 2 hours. lol. now its dead, wont power up or anything. this sucks man. i was all excited. didnt even make it past half way or anything. should have expected something to mess up with a used amp I guess.

Sounds like a mains issue, what have you checked?

I've purchased numerous used amps, and had good luck, so it's not like there's an automagic failure with used products.

And you have the warranty, right?

It's all good.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i know nothing about amps, i have the warranty and im gonna take it up to guitar center and see whats up. they said they can look at it and see if they can find something wrong with it.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by LaidBack
What happened? Describe it dying.

i was just playing some palm muted riffs and it turned off and wouldnt turn back on.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
You shouldn't expect a used amp to mess up at all. Check the fuse. Replace it and if it blows again take it back. It may have faulty tubes. It came with a warranty didn't it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You shouldn't expect a used amp to mess up at all. Check the fuse. Replace it and if it blows again take it back. It may have faulty tubes. It came with a warranty didn't it?

yeah it did. im gonna take it up to guitar center and see if they can figure out the problem.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
yeah it did. im gonna take it up to guitar center and see if they can figure out the problem.

They'll take care of you man, don't stress.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Sucks that it died on you ): I think the Vypyr is a great amp, and it's even better with the foot pedal. The wah on it is actually really good and easy to use because it doesn't need an external PSU or any of that gubbins

Hope you get the problem fixed dude
Damn dude, that's rough. Don't let it get you down though. I've had nothing but good experiences buying used gear. If you take it back they should hook you up. Unfortunately, they may send your amp away to their repair center, so you may be without it for a bit while it gets fixed.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
They might swap it out for another used one though if you're lucky. I'm not sure how used sales over in the US work though, but it sounds plausible.
Hnad and sorry to hear that it crapped out already. on a brighter note what everyone is saying about GC taking care of u is true. IF you bought the coverage plan you are set no matter what. they will fix it for free and send it back and if it breaks again you can easily get your money back with one phone call. my coverage plan ran out last month and they still offered to take my amp in for free when i called this month.

other than that you should have the 30 day used gear thing. dont fret bud, u should be fine.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
i need a new fuse, but i went everywhere around town and couldnt find it. i dont even think the right fuse was in there, thats prolly why it blew. im gonna order the right fuse online. guitar center said it was a the fuse. under where the fuse goes it says F3AL/250V. couldnt find it anywhere.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by romeozdistress
i need a new fuse, but i went everywhere around town and couldnt find it. i dont even think the right fuse was in there, thats prolly why it blew. im gonna order the right fuse online. guitar center said it was a the fuse.

Just go to Guitar Center and steal it out of the back of another Vypyr

But seriously - There's no Radio Shacks in your area?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Just go to Guitar Center and steal it out of the back of another Vypyr

THAT'S WHAT I CAME TO POST
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
radio shack doesnt carry fuses with that high Voltage.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I cant even find these fuses online, must be know as a different name.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Ask Cathbard or CECamps. They'll know.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
cool. thanks.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
All you need is a 120V 3 amp fuse. Radio Shack will certainly have one. Take your old one in with you to make sure it is physically the right dimensions, they come in two sizes. Just ask for a 3amp fuse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 10, 2012,
the one i took out isnt glass either. its white. so I was kinda like not wanting to get a glass one, then I didnt know if I should get time delay or fast acting. sorry im just so confused.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
maybe the guy at the radioshack i went didnt know what he was talking about.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I went there, they had a bunch of fuses, i didnt know which to get. fast acting or time delay? and they are all glass. the fuse i pulled out isnt. is it safe to use a fast acting glass fuse then? also when I was playing it was hooked into the wall not a powerstrip. got i hope the tubes arent bad. damnit.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
What you are looking at is a ceramic one. Glass, ceramic, doesn't matter. They are all the same. You just want a normal fast blow 3 amp 20 mm fuse - that'd be 3/4" in peasant measure. That's all you need to ask for.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
alright thanks, this after i went all over town haha.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Page 1 of 3