I see ppl playing guitar and there's a 'band' around it, I don't know what it's called. Looks like it cuts off part of the neck and you play the part closer to you, if that makes sense.(can you tell I'm not a guitarist?). Anyway, what is that bar, why is it used, is it easier to play with half the neck blocked? I'd like to know, if anyone can tell me...every time I try to learn I wind up with sliced fingers and I'm wondering if this might help somehow....I love writing lyrics but would really like to learn guitar and put some music to my words. Thanks all
Last edited by kmarie111 at Feb 10, 2012,
Im assuming its a capo that you're talking about. It just presses on the frets so its easier to have the guitar in differeny keys.
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Its a capo, they don't make playing the guitar easier, they just allow you to use certain chord shapes in different keys. If you're imaginative with them you can get some great sounds, but no, they will not make learning or playing the guitar easier
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by kmarie111
btw I am a member of SOCAN, if that matters....

i dont know what socan is but you shouldnt really leave your email address in a random froum that youve only just joined. noone here is likely to spam you or anything but its not very clever cos i dont know why any of us would need it.
wow, fast replies! Thank you...I was kind of hoping it made playing a bit easier on the fingers, but oh well, lol. I guess I'll keep trying, I just wish it didn't hurt my fingers so much...I'm probably better with lyrics anyways
Luv K