how do i record a song that I've written through a line in connection whilst recording a video of me playing at the same time and keep them in sync whilst still having full control of the mixing and mastering and different tracks on garageband?

I'm using a mac with garageband but i can use reaper if that'll make it easier.

also, if anyone here knows how to put four different videos, one in each corner, on at the same time that'd be great. for example, in the right corner there's a video of me playing guitar, in the left of bass and at the bottom corners drums and singing or something.

thanks.
Woah, watch those run on sentences there. First paragraph was a jumble of information.

This is the wrong forum though. I would go to the recording sub-forum here. They'd be better help then us here in Musician's talk.

Honestly what I would do is plug whatever you are recording to into your line out. I would then continue to set the camera up and have them both set up close enough I can hit record on both of them around the same time. I would hit record on the camera first then record on your recorder. I would wait for a few seconds and get into a casual position or however you want to be. I would then start playing after this.

Next I would take my audio track and edit, mix, add, subtract whatever I decided. I would then edit the first part of the video so all that fiddling around was cut out. Then just layer the audio track over the video and just move it slowly till you are synced. General rule of thumb for this is when you start fiddling at the start, just play open notes slowly and emphasis movements so you have a better visual of what's going on so you can layer the audio and video then cut that fiddling out.

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by Xter at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by Xter
Woah, watch those run on sentences there. First paragraph was a jumble of information.

This is the wrong forum though. I would go to the recording sub-forum here. They'd be better help then us here in Musician's talk.

Honestly what I would do is plug whatever you are recording to into your line out. I would then continue to set the camera up and have them both set up close enough I can hit record on both of them around the same time. I would hit record on the camera first then record on your recorder. I would wait for a few seconds and get into a casual position or however you want to be. I would then start playing after this.

Next I would take my audio track and edit, mix, add, subtract whatever I decided. I would then edit the first part of the video so all that fiddling around was cut out. Then just layer the audio track over the video and just move it slowly till you are synced. General rule of thumb for this is when you start fiddling at the start, just play open notes slowly and emphasis movements so you have a better visual of what's going on so you can layer the audio and video then cut that fiddling out.

Cheers,
Xter

thanks for the info. and ill ask in the recording sub-forum.