I'm studying abroad this semester and didn't have a guitar with me, so I bought a little cheapy floor model acoustic I saw at a shop. Specifically, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6vEwy7ysdk

It plays great and sounds great, with one exception...I can't tune my D string. When I try to tune it up, I hear a snapping/popping noise and the string loosens. On my tuner once it reaches about B# or C, that's when it snaps back to A or something. The little rotating peg the strings go through goes back a centimeter instead of continuing forward to tune.

How the heck do I tune it? Is it something with the strings, the guitar itself, or..?
Last edited by Supafly1824 at Feb 10, 2012,
It's the tuner. Take it back and get them to fix it or give you a different guitar.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Agreed ... bad tuner. Take it back.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
before you take it back, why not see if there's a screw you can tighten on that tuner. if not, take it back.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!