I have a problem. A band I'm in have signed up for a gig, the Next Big Thing I believe. It's one of those shows where the bands have to sell the tickets, which you know, ew, but whatever, that's not my main point. The singer and drummer agreed to it without telling anyone else. They were called a few months ago about a prospective gig, and we all agreed that we'd look into it. They said there would be a meeting about it, and I said that we shouldn't do it if we weren't ready by then. Well, at this meeting they apparently decided to go through with it without consulting me or the bassist, but now all three of them seem to be super excited about playing a gig.

I'm the only one who thinks we shouldn't. We have two songs, one of which we know really well, and the other we're decent at. I have a song that I arranged a while ago that we're going to work on the next practice, and that'll be enough to fill out the set. But I doubt we'll be able to learn this new song quick enough, since it's at the end of the month.

It really seems like I'm the only guy who is noticing that we aren't prepared to gig, but I've always been the realist in the band, dragging everyone down from the sky back to the real world. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm not sure if pulling out is doable now, since they've been advertising it to death. I don't feel that we're ready, and they aren't prepared for any actual gigging. I feel kind of annoyed that I wasn't included in the final decision to accept the gig, particularly because I was already doing something that night.

I need assistance on how to handle this. If the next practice doesn't go swimmingly, I'm going to have to bring up the possibility of dropping out. They really aren't aware of the realities of playing shows, and were so eager to play that they jumped on the first opportunity. You guys have an idea of what to do?
just do the one you know and a cover you all can do , i think the crowd would tather hear an ok cover than a sloppy original p.s i mdrunk in class when i post this so i may be giving bad info but whatever.
If you don't think you can get two more songs ready to go with the one you have down really well and you have till the end of the month to do it, you guys probably aren't ready to gig.
But if your band has committed to it and have been promoting it a lot, it may be too late to back out now.
Sounds like yall need to lock yourselves in the practice room and get to work ASAP!
Quote by the dean97
p.s i mdrunk in class when i post this so i may be giving bad info but whatever.

Wohhh!!! You're drunk...and in class.....and wait, you're drunk? So cooooool! Or, maybe don't give advice when you're drunk if you don't think its good?
Last edited by Pandawithapick at Feb 13, 2012,
Well, it went alright. We have the other two down pretty much perfectly, and we got the new one surprisingly well. However, we didn't finish it, but hopefully we can by the gig. However, selling the tickets = ew.
Quote by the dean97
just do the one you know and a cover you all can do , i think the crowd would tather hear an ok cover than a sloppy original p.s i mdrunk in class when i post this so i may be giving bad info but whatever.

:/
yep
Pratice, pratice pratice, and practice.
Pratice apart as well, so when your praticing together u know ur shit.
METAL!
So, we did the show and it went swimmingly. We didn't make any major mistakes, I played a wrong riff once and we left a part out of a song, but we managed to make it seem like we did it on purpose. People dug the music, and we got several compliments. Never do pay-to-play, guys.
So you guys have only two songs.One of which not very well.Your band mates are stupid to think you are even close to ready.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by schwinginbatman
So, we did the show and it went swimmingly. We didn't make any major mistakes, I played a wrong riff once and we left a part out of a song, but we managed to make it seem like we did it on purpose. People dug the music, and we got several compliments. Never do pay-to-play, guys.

Quote by schwinginbatman

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do