Hello!

I just bought the Digitech Whammy, and i was wondering if anyone knew which of the songs Kirk uses the digitech?

And what would really help is settings
You bought the wrong pedal if you want to play some Kirk solos...

haha :P

I actually can't think of any songs where he uses a whammy though.
He used one in some St. Anger songs.

But if you want to play Whammy songs -> Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Muse, White Sripes.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
You bought the wrong pedal if you want to play some Kirk solos...

haha :P

I actually can't think of any songs where he uses a whammy though.

You're kidding, right?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You're kidding, right?

Whammy is actually really not Kirk's signature sound.
As I said, some St. Anger songs had a bit of Whammy in them.

I hope you and TS aren't confusing Whammy and Wah.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Whammy is actually really not Kirk's signature sound.
As I said, some St. Anger songs had a bit of Whammy in them.

I hope you and TS aren't confusing Whammy and Wah.

Nope, while I'll agree that Wah is his showpiece, he has often used a Digitech Whammy.

Don't take my word for it though, feel free to do even the slightest bit of research...
Charles Darwin
Quote by trippingiraffe
Name 5 songs where he uses a whammy pedal

Do I look like your research assistant?

Google is your friend...
Charles Darwin
Quote by trippingiraffe
I did google it, he doesn't use one

You're so full of shit I can smell it from here...There's no way you Googled it and came to that conclusion. (Unless you really, REALLY, suck at Google...)
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Nope, while I'll agree that Wah is his showpiece, he has often used a Digitech Whammy.

Don't take my word for it though, feel free to do even the slightest bit of research...

Quote by Arby911
Do I look like your research assistant?

Google is your friend...

Quote by Arby911
You're so full of shit I can smell it from here...There's no way you Googled it and came to that conclusion. (Unless you really, REALLY, suck at Google...)

ಠ_ಠ

edit:

"Lars Ulrich plays guitar in Megadeth, but do I look like a research assistant? Go google it, you wanker. And if you can't find it, then you're so full of shit, I can smell it from here, there's no way you wouldn't find it if you googled it, unless you're really really bad at google"

^ Your logic

"Kirk Hammet plays guitar in Metallica, here's the proof:
[insert links that prove the point]"

^ Correct logic
Last edited by Orryn at Feb 10, 2012,
All I got was a few songs on St. Anger and Load/ReLoad. Just end this argument and name some songs for the guy who posted this so he can play them
Quote by trippingiraffe
All I got was a few songs on St. Anger and Load/ReLoad. Just end this argument and name some songs for the guy who posted this so he can play them

Quote by trippingiraffe
I did google it, he doesn't use one

Are we done here?
Charles Darwin
Quote by trippingiraffe
Yes. Kirk Hammet, does in fact, NOT use a whammy pedal

Not even on those songs that YOU found?

Amazing...

Now, just because I'm in a good mood and you amuse me, I'll give you one link, but it's a reasonably credible one.

Since it's Metallica's own website...

Scroll to Kirk's gear, and when you find that they list the Digitech Whammy, feel free to commit honorable suicide.

Have a nice, albeit short, day.
Charles Darwin
Quote by trippingiraffe

I would, except I honestly can't think of any 'tallica songs that use the Whammy. I know he uses his whammy bar for the dive bombs, so I'm guessing the Whammy pedal is used for detuning or harmonizing?
Arby, if it's so easy to find examples of him using a whammy pedal then why don't you just post them? You could help out the OP out instead of flaming other members and derailing the thread.
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
Arby, if it's so easy to find examples of him using a whammy pedal then why don't you just post them? You could help out the OP out instead of flaming other members and derailing the thread.

Yes, I could, but respondent was a douche so I responded in kind.

Yeah, it's juvenile, so sue me.

But since you were so nice in asking, I'll give you one.

Invisible Kid.
Charles Darwin
Is this thread based on a google search of Kirk Hammets Gear List? I see a few of them list the Whammy pedal in his gear list but i cant think of anything that pops out that he uses it on.

After a quick google search i found an old UG thread.

excerpt

Justice4AllOne04-10-2009, 01:34 AM
god, the amount of time Kirk uses a wah, you would think he would have gotten his own sig. I swear, on the Black Album, he used a wah in every solo...
He has a sig wah.
It's like $160 >_>

Btw, the whammy was used on Some Kind of Monster, I know that. He played the intro riff using the octave up function.
He used the octave down harmony on the intro solo and bridge solo to The Day That Never Comes. Also, he uses it on two octave up harmony for one of the riffs.

He never uses his whammy like Tom Morello or Scott Ian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Met_Ali_1504-18-2009, 05:51 PM
in the song "sweet amber" from st. anger, you can hear the use of a whammy pedal.

Here is the thread that is basically identical to this one..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-1083303.html
Can we all agree that, in Metallica's vast discography, Kirk Hammett has only used the Whammy in some of their least-desirable albums, and therefore, buying a Whammy for Kirk Hammett is a bit like buying an MXR Blue Box to sound like Jimmy Page?

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I bought an Okko Dominator to sound like Jack Johnson.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I bought an Okko Dominator to sound like Jack Johnson.

I see you've been playing the "Curious George" soundtrack again...
Charles Darwin
Thanks to all who came up with answers without arguing and name-calling! Thx

As it seems he doesn't use it in many songs, i'll should probably change the artist on the thread...

What about Steve Vai? Could you name the song, and maybe even the settings?

Would appreciate it!
Quote by surjer
Is this thread based on a google search of Kirk Hammets Gear List? I see a few of them list the Whammy pedal in his gear list but i cant think of anything that pops out that he uses it on.

After a quick google search i found an old UG thread.

excerpt

Justice4AllOne04-10-2009, 01:34 AM
god, the amount of time Kirk uses a wah, you would think he would have gotten his own sig. I swear, on the Black Album, he used a wah in every solo...
He has a sig wah.
It's like $160 >_>

Btw, the whammy was used on Some Kind of Monster, I know that. He played the intro riff using the octave up function.
He used the octave down harmony on the intro solo and bridge solo to The Day That Never Comes. Also, he uses it on two octave up harmony for one of the riffs.

He never uses his whammy like Tom Morello or Scott Ian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Met_Ali_1504-18-2009, 05:51 PM
in the song "sweet amber" from st. anger, you can hear the use of a whammy pedal.

Here is the thread that is basically identical to this one..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-1083303.html

Now that is what i call an answer! Thank you very much, sir! I like you.
Quote by PolkaOni0n
Thanks to all who came up with answers without arguing and name-calling! Thx

As it seems he doesn't use it in many songs, i'll should probably change the artist on the thread...

What about Steve Vai? Could you name the song, and maybe even the settings?

Would appreciate it!

How about only buying a pedal you know what to use it for?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Arby911
I see you've been playing the "Curious George" soundtrack again...

Yea, that album turned my life Upside Down. I found some things they say just can't be found. And I shared that love I found with everyone. Then we sang and danced to Mother Nature's songs. I don't want this feeling to go away.

EVAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by JesusCrisp
But if you want to play Whammy songs -> Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Muse, White Sripes.

Some good suggestions here on Whammy usage. If your into the rap/rock thing Korn and LimpBizkit use teh whammy's
Yeah, i should probably start learning some RATM songs. The pedal should actually be named Morello.

Does he use it on "Bulls On Parade"?
Thats a wah pedal your hearing on Bulls on Parade. I'll have to go listen to it again to see if he uses it on any parts but if your talking about the:

wow wow chicka wow wow chicka chicka chicka. Thats the wah!! lolzerz

EDIT: One too many "chicka's"
just get wah.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think he does use it in bulls on parade, but only for overdubbing guitar parts an octave down, so it's not very prominent.

ts, check out the solo in Like a Stone (Audioslave). Easy to play and a cool use of the whammy. You should also check out the intro to Searching by Joe Satriani, I think the whammy part starts about 50 seconds in.
Killing in the Name, Like a Stone, Know Your Enemy, Ball and Biscuit, ...

I am under the impression that you have no clue what the Whammy actually does or is good for to be honest.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by LaidBack
Yea, that album turned my life Upside Down. I found some things they say just can't be found. And I shared that love I found with everyone. Then we sang and danced to Mother Nature's songs. I don't want this feeling to go away.

EVAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Mike
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣