I just bought a PRS SE Singlecut and I was wondering whether or not I should keep the strings that it came with on for a while or just put on a new set of Ernie Ball strings. Just looking for suggestions, thanks!
I almost always get my guitars professionally set up when I get them. That usually entails new strings. I prefer to have good strings on there and not the shitty factory ones that they usually come with anyway.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Can't you tell if they're in good playing condition or not?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Did you buy it new? I assume a new prs would probably come with a new set of D'Addarios or Ernie Balls or something so no, unless you want a particular guage or brand
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Personally I'd change them, it's usually one of the first things that I do upon receiving a new guitar. Though that might be because I only use coated strings like Elixir, so anything else feels odd to me
If you even have to ask then just put a crowbar in your wallet and put some new strings on.
I play my guitars, at least one of them, every day... then practice with the band on the weekends... we play out 2 times a month, and the strings get replaced 2 days before the gig.. works out that I'm changing strings on 2 or 3 guitars every couple of weeks..

I Like 'em new and shiney..

so yea.. Change them strings out... try different brands and gauges.. see what you like..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Well I have two new sets of Ernie Ball strings but I think I may keep these ones on for a little and see how I like em. It is new and like someone else pointed out, they are probably decent strings since its a PRS but I'm gonna play the rest of the night and see how it feels. So far I'm loving the guitar, just not sure if I wanna put on the thicker Ernie Ball set or not. Thanks everyone for you input!
My first rule of thumb is ALWAYS change the factory stings on a new guitar. I always put a fresh set of strings on any new guitar I get. It makes me feel better about the guitar.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
I always get my strings of choice with the guitars I buy and restring right when I get it home, makes breaking it in a lot more comfortable IMO.
i always personally change the strings and set up my guitar as soon as i get home with them. put new strings, fix bridge, action, neck warp according to my taste, give it a good clean up if it was a floor-model and see if it is exactly what i want, the way i play it most.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
The first thing to do with any new guitar is change the strings.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I like to change them first thing, but it is totally up to you. If you play on the factory strings and like them, then save the cash and go for it. If you have a string you love, then the it just won't feel the same till you change them out.
Trying to find the time to go from a guitar owner back to being a guitar player after 9 years, 1 wife, and 3 kids. Have to wear guitar headphones so I don't wake the kids. Being an adult is fun, huh?
I've decided to go ahead and change just the top three strings because the ones it came with were a rather low gauge (thinner?) than what I normally use.
Does it matter? Strings are $5.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Lolz...always get new strings with a used guitar, sometimes even on new guitars.
Quote by Spud Spudly
If you even have to ask then just put a crowbar in your wallet and put some new strings on.

Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Just play the snot out it then change strings in a week or two. If you like the strings, then just try to dertermine the gauge and replace with a similar set - if you really don't want to mess with neck relief and other setup issues right now on a new guitar.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Quote by omidmash
i always personally change the strings and set up my guitar as soon as i get home with them. put new strings, fix bridge, action, neck warp according to my taste, give it a good clean up if it was a floor-model and see if it is exactly what i want, the way i play it most.

This.

Usually the factory strings are too thin for me, so I'll change them out, plus do all the necessary adjustments so I can have it the way that I like it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
You never know what little nosepickers played it in the shop.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
To go against the grain a bit. I usually play the strings I get on a new guitar until they are worn out. No use in wasting a perfectly fine set of strings. I have no string allegiance. I buy uncoated 10's in whatever brand is on sale.