Page 1 of 2
No homo, but she looks lez

OT: Good speech, but every gay person I know (My Dad and all his friends) are Republicans and Christians/Mormons... So this isn't as weird to me as it should be lol
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
She raised some good points, really good points.

EDIT: But sadly, I feel as if this thread won't get much attention from the pit because it's a Republican saying something they can agree with
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by IWasMaiden93

OT: Good speech, but every gay person I know (My Dad and all his friends) are Republicans and Christians/Mormons... So this isn't as weird to me as it should be lol

What?!
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Saw this last night. Great speech, but I doubt it'll change any republican minds.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by Firenze
What?!

Ya... My dad is Mormon and Republican, his partner is Baptist or something and Republican and all their friends are friends from BYU (A very Mormon and conservative school) and stuff

Utah's one helluva place lol
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
She presented it in the best way possible. I'm sure people will say she's just biased because of her kid, but I really enjoyed how she said everything. Hopefully that changes a few minds.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StewieSwan
Saw this last night. Great speech, but I doubt it'll change any republican minds.

yeah, but it took some serious ovaries to stand up against her peers like that.

and the second this becomes an issue not so clearly divided by party lines is the second it can be addressed in a more meaningful debate, not hurling steaming piles of rhetoric back and forth
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by IWasMaiden93

are you adopted?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
are you adopted?

Gay people don't accept their gayness their whole lives a lot of the time, especially men. They have children, accept the gayness, then go about their lives.

I know a lesbian with a biological child, but she was raped so that's a different story.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This is officially the weirdest thread ever.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Carswell98
yeah, but it took some serious ovaries to stand up against her peers like that.

and the second this becomes an issue not so clearly divided by party lines is the second it can be addressed in a more meaningful debate, not hurling steaming piles of rhetoric back and forth

Truth.
The speech was a little to sappy for my tastes, but I do agree with her. Unfortunately, we still have people like this:
That woman is wonderful. Very beautiful,inside and out. I disagree with her. I don't think you can have a marriage the way It should be without a man and a woman. We may not be able to explain why but somethings are just the way they are. A Cow is not a cat no matter if you call it a cat.

Idiot. It is that way because you just said it is that way. Not because it just is. Marriage is an anthropogenic (man-made) institution. It isn't something that simply is.

It just goes to show that the fundamentalism in this debate doesn't even need a religious aspect to it (like the fellow UGer's gay, Mormon father and friends). It simply depends on your ability to understand the world around you and critically analyze what other people have told you.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
are you adopted?

Mormon superior told him to ignore the gay and baddabing baddaboom... Little ol me is born...

And I'm glad I could officially derail this thread
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Quote by Firenze
This is officially the weirdest thread ever.

you're aware that there is a page long discussion about shit in the "Thoughts as a child" thread right?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by vicarious46

EDIT: But sadly, I feel as if this thread won't get much attention from the pit because it's a Republican saying something they can agree with
Yes. How dare somebody agree with me?!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by IWasMaiden93

Same. The most conservative person I know is gay. He's also one of the most religious people I know. Who would have thought?
This is good. I doubt it will change much, but a few people might have their minds changed by this.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by element4433
Yes. How dare somebody agree with me?!

Haha what I'm trying to say that anytime someone tacks 'republican' onto a thread title or whatever, it gets flamed like crazy. But this one will probably not got nearly as much attention because it's a republican saying something the Pit agrees with.
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by vicarious46
Haha what I'm trying to say that anytime someone tacks 'republican' onto a thread title or whatever, it gets flamed like crazy. But this one will probably not got nearly as much attention because it's a republican saying something the Pit agrees with.

like O'Reilly defending Ellen the other day, unexpected, but pretty cool.

Even if he still misunderstands basic scientific concepts and attempts to use them to win an argument against a scientist.

no, I'm not letting that one go, it was too funny Bill...
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by vicarious46

You mean that controversy attracts attention? You should run a newspaper or something.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
You mean that controversy attracts attention? You should run a newspaper or something.

It's my goal in life.

Ok I'll try again, The pit won't give a shit about this thread because shes a Republican.

@Carswell
Ellen Degeneres? I didn't even know about that. But that's because people don't give a shit when people do good, a lot of people insist on highlighting the negative

Bill O'Reilly is an idiot though
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by vicarious46

Bullshit. I can get behind someone for saying the right thing, even if they are Republican. This woman's right and everyone knows it. The people it won't get attention from are the people who need to her it: other republicans.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Bullshit. I can get behind someone for saying the right thing, even if they are Republican. This woman's right and everyone knows it. The people it won't get attention from are the people who need to her it: other republicans.

Pretty much this. The only people who don't want to hear this are the people that are fighting to stop gays from having rights.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I totally agree with what she's saying too and I hope she keeps being vocal about her opinion and that republicans (democrats/everyone else) who were prevously against gay marriage or undecided would stand up beside her
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by vicarious46
I totally agree with what she's saying too and I hope she keeps being vocal about her opinion and that republicans (democrats/everyone else) who were prevously against gay marriage or undecided would stand up beside her

They probably won't stand up with her. If this gets big it will be because someone dug up info on a gay family member and the attention will be focused on how she must be biased.
Quote by L2112Lif
The fact that gay marriage is even a debate embarrasses me greatly.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
The fact that gay marriage is even a debate embarrasses me greatly.

Why are you embarrassed about this? You're not the one that's being a cunt about gay marriage. The only people who should be embarrassed are the ones that are fighting to keep gay marriage illegal.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Why are you embarrassed about this? You're not the one that's being a cunt about gay marriage. The only people who should be embarrassed are the ones that are fighting to keep gay marriage illegal.

Perhaps I should reword that: it makes me ashamed of America, where there is an element that wants to fight against gay marriage.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
She really doesn't sound too crazy about her two sons, does she? "My daughter is just the most wonderful thing on earth. Well, my sons are okay too, I guess; but OMG, my daughter is just magnificent."

And then they lezzed out.

Anyway, I'm Christian; and I'm fine with it. As long as no one tries to touch dicks in front of me while I'm trying to eat my breakfast cereal, I'm cool.
Quote by moscaespañol
Perhaps I should reword that: it makes me ashamed of America, where there is an element that wants to fight against gay marriage.

I agree. It's shameful that there's anyone that still thinks it's wrong for people of the same gender to be married.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by vicarious46

And I apologise for the unnecessary profanity.

Although if I was being cynical, I'd point out that the only Republicans who are pro-gay marriage are the ones who have a gay kid or sibling or whatever. Newt Gingrich aside.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
2drncheez-e
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
They probably won't stand up with her. If this gets big it will be because someone dug up info on a gay family member and the attention will be focused on how she must be biased.

Unfortunately if she became very vocal about the issue that would probably happen.

but eventually those who oppose gay marriage will be the minority on the issue, it's just a matter of when.
Quote by Meths

And I apologise for the unnecessary profanity.

Although if I was being cynical, I'd point out that the only Republicans who are pro-gay marriage are the ones who have a gay kid or sibling or whatever. Newt Gingrich aside.

Here and there I side with the Republicans more then Democrats, but this is definitely not an issue I agree with the majority of Republican's view on. I mean, I even remember Mitt Romney being criticized by Santorum during a debat because he 'LET' the bill pass in MA to allow gay marriage. He retorted, as if he was offended, saying that he had no problem with gay people but fought to keep the bill from passing
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I agree. It's shameful that there's anyone that still thinks it's wrong for people of the same gender to be married.

Agreed. It baffles me actually. It's like, who gives a **** if two people want to get married. Let them do it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
^The churches and super-religious ****ers because they believe that marriage is a religious thing between a man and woman, and that God would not want it any other way.

But for stupid shit like that to be 'law' in the U.S.A. is bullshit
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Page 1 of 2