how do i record a song that I've written through a line in connection whilst recording a video of me playing at the same time and keep them in sync whilst still having full control of the mixing and mastering and different tracks on garageband?

I'm using a mac with garageband but i can use reaper if that'll make it easier.

also, if anyone here knows how to put four different videos, one in each corner, on at the same time that'd be great. for example, in the right corner there's a video of me playing guitar, in the left of bass and at the bottom corners drums and singing or something.

thanks.
Record using line-in and the camera at the same time. Then in a video editor put the recorded video and the recorded audio on different tracks, then line them up.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Record using line-in and the camera at the same time. Then in a video editor put the recorded video and the recorded audio on different tracks, then line them up.

this.

make sure you mute the audio track from the camera if it has one, it might not sound too nice.
Quote by itamar100
also, if anyone here knows how to put four different videos, one in each corner, on at the same time that'd be great. for example, in the right corner there's a video of me playing guitar, in the left of bass and at the bottom corners drums and singing or something.

thanks.

I don't know about on the Mac, but I haven't found any free/cheap software to do multiscreen like this on Windows. You usually have to use something like Adobe Premiere. I hope someone can prove me wrong, though, because I really want to be able to do some videos like this myself.