I always find my self wanting to use the lead channel/ bridge pickup for like everything I do on guitar including rhythms, is this bad?? I just hate the sound of rhythm channels its always to warm. and other pickups besides bridge is too warm as well
Last edited by iidunno at Feb 10, 2012,
Wah....? Unless you're using some kind of bluesy or jazz oriented amp, lead channels tend to be warmer, not the rhythm channel. Besides that, the neck pup is definitely warmer sounding than the bridge.

Not sure if inexperienced or troll...
use whatever you think sounds better.

/thread
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
There is only one hard and fast rule about guitar playing: be in tune.

Everything else is just suggestions.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I agree that the neck pickup always has a warmer sound. But use whatever sounds best. Or look into getting a new amp with a lot better sounding clean channel.
Quote by shikkaka
use whatever you think sounds better.

/thread

+1

I'm guessing TS has a Les Paul, the pickup selector on those calls the bridge pickup 'Lead' & the neck pickup 'Rhythm'. That is the only thing I don't like about LPs, both pickups can be used for both jobs depending what sound you need at the time.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If the lead channels gets you closest to the sound that's your ideal, then go with that. Simple as that.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by GaryBillington
+1

I'm guessing TS has a Les Paul, the pickup selector on those calls the bridge pickup 'Lead' & the neck pickup 'Rhythm'. That is the only thing I don't like about LPs, both pickups can be used for both jobs depending what sound you need at the time.

It's actually Rhythm, and Treble. But you are right about both being used for whatever.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09