5 23%
Like a gay guy in Texas
5 23%
Like a girl at every party ever
9 41%
Nope
3 14%
Voters: 22.
Alright, so I turn my computer on and this piece of shit german virus decided that I can't do shit anymore until I pay some moneys (apparently). So I went to this website after googling the title of this virus

http://www.deletevirus.net/aus-sicherheitsgrunden-wurde-ihr-windowssystem-blockiert-virus/

I got to step 5 before it started not going well. I tried to save that Windows 7 explorer file thing and replace the other one but it keeps saying that I don't have permission as an administrator, which is dumb because I have the only account on my computer. So is there a way to bypass this, is there an alternative method, can you tell me how to get rid of this german virus, or is my computer totally ****ed? These are all questions I need answers to.

From what I understand, I just need to replace the explorer.exe file. I'm computer-tard so if you have any advice to fix this matter, please let me know!
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
There's a computer thread. They'd probably know how to help.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
1. Start PC in safe mode
2. Install Malware Bites

Seems to work with most viruses

Quote by sam b
He's going to batter Bottas. Aye, stick that in your sig Bill

Ah, now your twat from earlier makes sense

And that sucks bro
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Purchase Russian anti-virus software, it will remove the virus completely, but it may burn up a lot of your personal files as it retreats back into the mainland. A small price to pay, however.

Alternatively, do a system restore to a backup point prior to the infection.
Quote by bill976
1. Start PC in safe mode
2. Install Malware Bites

Will I need to go back and unmodify the explorer file before I do this?

Quote by RUExperienced
Purchase Russian anti-virus software, it will remove the virus completely, but it may burn up a lot of your personal files as it retreats back into the mainland. A small price to pay, however.

Alternatively, do a system restore to a backup point prior to the infection.

Can I do this in safe mode?
Quote by theogonia777
There's a computer thread. They'd probably know how to help.

Probably. That doesn't mean they would. The computer thread is the least helpful only thread. The nhl thread is more helpful to Pens fans.
Quote by bradulator
Will I need to go back and unmodify the explorer file before I do this?

Probably.

Alternatively, do you have any system restore discs? as a last resort you could always use those

EDIT: Yes, you will have to unmodify the explorer file. iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer

Quote by sam b

Last edited by bill976 at Feb 10, 2012,
I had that, I got rid of it through the malware bites way and also by going into my device manager and stopping all networking options and deleting any suspiscious ones. Worked like a charm for me
Quote by bill976
Probably.

Alternatively, do you have any system restore discs? as a last resort you could always use those

EDIT: Yes, you will have to unmodify the explorer file. iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer

I assume that safe mode doesn't allow for Wifi right? So i'll have to hook it up to the main line whatever?
Quote by bill976
1. Start PC in safe mode
2. Install Malware Bites

This.

If Malwarebytes can't get you out, you'll either need to implement a custom virus removal script, or reformat.
Quote by bill976
1. Start PC in safe mode
2. Install Malware Bites

This. Also, there should be a 3rd step. Quit downloading TEH PR0NZ
Can you access you computer's security at all? If so you can do a system restore which will start your computer from a previous "safe point" and will erase all new data that was added after that date. If you can't do any of that, you'll have to restore windows from the backup discs that should have come with your computer when you bought it. If you don't have them you can order them, some manufacturers will send them for free. To restore from the disc, just power on your computer and put the disc in right away and follow the on screen instructions. Be warned however, this will put your computer back at square one and all downloaded programs such as itunes and certain internet browsers will be deleted. Not a big deal though if you were smart and backed up your important files and music.
Quote by bradulator
I assume that safe mode doesn't allow for Wifi right? So i'll have to hook it up to the main line whatever?

Not sure, never tried. I use Main line though

Quote by sam b

So what was it? Man on tranny? Tranny on goat? Goat on chicken?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by bill976
Not sure, never tried. I use Main line though

I got it. And installed Malware bytes. I'm currently running a scan so I assume that'll take care of it? Until I follow up and check all of my stuff like that one guy said.

It doesn't let me do anything when i'm not doing safe mode, so will it still eliminate all that junk if I scan it in safe mode?

Quote by Xaoxi
So what was it? Man on tranny? Tranny on goat? Goat on chicken?

Chicken on Centaur.
aw hot

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana