Hey guys. If I were to sell my Peavey 215D-BW cab and Mark VIII, how much do you think I could get for each?

Reason I ask is because I think I want something a bit more modern, and I was looking at the Peavey Tour heads and TVX or Tour cabs. Might sell the Mark to raise funds for a smaller, newer rig. I'm also looking to downsize since ive given up the idea of gigging, so maybe a single 410 or 115 cab. Any thoughts?
pinga
Well there's a Mark VIII in good condition on CL up here going for $200, and a Mark IV going for $150 if that's any indication. They pop up every once and a while and I don't think I've ever seen one go for more then $200. No idea on the 2x15, but don't expect too much. Most Peavey gear in general just has awful resale value.

If you're looking to upgrade to a newer more modern rig you'll almost certainly have to supplement your budget with some spare cash other then what you make off your current rig. Consider looking away from the Tour series too, they're pretty good but you can probably get something nicer at a similar price.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Yeah, I knew I wouldn't hit a home run by selling this stuff, but considering Peavey's new stuff is pretty cheap (a brand new TVX is about $300), I figure I can get pretty close to the price, especially going used.

Anything you'd recommend? I'm not too fancy with electronics, really about the only thing that I would NEED from an amp is a graphic EQ. I can't stand parametric EQs, that's about it really. Decent power, 200-300w and something that fits in a rack (pretty much any modern head).
pinga
If you're looking at small and modern I'd suggest saving up really. Stuff like a GK MB500, Markbass Little Mark or CMD combo, or a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0, something along those lines.

An option you might be interested in is looking for a used Ampeg SVT-3 or 4 PRO. That'll probably be a more expensive route, but you'd get a really solid amp that's rack-mountable and with a 9 band graphic eq.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
From experience Peavey has piss poor resale value, but usually gets dropped for wayyyy low prices My Mark IV was $40 and my TNT $60 so looking used you might find something.
I've been looking lately at buying this guys Peavey T-max head, kind of like those harktes, rack fitting, about 200-350 watts and has a tube or solid state pre.

As for cabs, 2x15's are hard to pass off even nice ones due to the size. Your mostly looking at young people with little money and need air or metal/doom guys. I use two 1x15's much easier, but I'm looking to drop down to a 2x10, but eventually pickup a 4x10.

I'd probably put the head up for $250-$275 and the cab for $150 on Craigslist, saying your willing to do a full rig deal for like $325 obo. Start there and just drop by $25 every day to week to month depending on how in a hurry you are. I make most of my money trading and buying gear, so trust me starting a little high never hurts. You might find a guy who just wants it. Also put feelers out for trades on your listing, you might have a the high wattage head and cab a guy needs and he has a lower wattage head and old cab he doesn't need.
Quote by Tostitos
If you're looking at small and modern I'd suggest saving up really. Stuff like a GK MB500, Markbass Little Mark or CMD combo, or a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0, something along those lines.

An option you might be interested in is looking for a used Ampeg SVT-3 or 4 PRO. That'll probably be a more expensive route, but you'd get a really solid amp that's rack-mountable and with a 9 band graphic eq.

You gave me all the stuff that wasn't rack mountable and with a parametric EQ the GK looks nice, but I need those two requirements.

I've always wanted to play through a 4-pro, but that's getting way out of budget. I don't even think i'm looking to spend a grand on the amp and cab combined, which is why I'm really into Peavey's stuff.

Quote by askrere
From experience Peavey has piss poor resale value, but usually gets dropped for wayyyy low prices My Mark IV was $40 and my TNT $60 so looking used you might find something.
I've been looking lately at buying this guys Peavey T-max head, kind of like those harktes, rack fitting, about 200-350 watts and has a tube or solid state pre.

As for cabs, 2x15's are hard to pass off even nice ones due to the size. Your mostly looking at young people with little money and need air or metal/doom guys. I use two 1x15's much easier, but I'm looking to drop down to a 2x10, but eventually pickup a 4x10.

I'd probably put the head up for $250-$275 and the cab for $150 on Craigslist, saying your willing to do a full rig deal for like $325 obo. Start there and just drop by $25 every day to week to month depending on how in a hurry you are. I make most of my money trading and buying gear, so trust me starting a little high never hurts. You might find a guy who just wants it. Also put feelers out for trades on your listing, you might have a the high wattage head and cab a guy needs and he has a lower wattage head and old cab he doesn't need.

That's what I was afraid of about selling the cab. When the guy sold it to me, he told me he was selling it to me dirt cheap because he knew nobody would want an 80's 215 because it's just ****in massive. Oh well, i'll have to try. Funny how a simple 115 cab and small head are worth more than a giant 215 and head.

I'll probably try out $200 for each and see if anyone bites. I'm not really in a hurry to get something light since i'm just playing at home with this thing, it's just that I want something lighter for the future, I tired of hauling heavy gear.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
You gave me all the stuff that wasn't rack mountable and with a parametric EQ the GK looks nice, but I need those two requirements.

Markbass and Genz Benz are easily rack-mountable you just need a pair of rack ears, but that's beside the point. If you really need a graphic eq, you might want to look into getting an eq pedal or a rack mounted unit, you just don't see those built in 9 bands a lot.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Markbass and Genz Benz are easily rack-mountable you just need a pair of rack ears, but that's beside the point. If you really need a graphic eq, you might want to look into getting an eq pedal or a rack mounted unit, you just don't see those built in 9 bands a lot.

This, usually you can find a slider EQ pretty easy to find, I see a lot of the berhinger ones around for way cheap, I'd wager at $30-$50 they might not be made for abuse but would get the job done in a safe rack.

I have a GK MB200, they are like $250 new, and GC usually has a $20-$50 off in some shape or form for things in that price hump every weekend.

it's on the lower edge of your wattage spectrum, but it's nearly $1.5 a watt new. Also that lower wattage means a cheaper cab, just need 4 ohms or two 8 ohms. With rack ears you could set it up in a rather small rack.

Do what you want, but I do suggest going a little bit into the over priced range if your selling that stuff just to see. It helps save up, but also I've met very few people on craigslist including myself who don't routinely ask for the item then either by phone or email or in person haggle as well. All in all if you got the time might as well go fishing.
Your 2x15 cab is loaded with Black Widows, and they are a better speaker than most companys use. They will be light yrs better than anything you listed as possible choices.

Get a new head and keep the 2x15.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I know i'm being difficult, but I'd prefer to stay away from pedals. They really just aren't my thing. I'd rather get a head that's already rack-mountable and with an inbuilt graphic EQ system, I don't want to have to buy a separate unit and complicate the rig.

I think I may just go with the Peavey Tour, I like how it looks and from the little i've heard about it, it sounds like a good head. I'm gonna wait until I have a bit more cash and then sell both my cab and head and see what I can do. Like I said, i'm not in a hurry, so I guess I don't mind using this monster for now.

^ Also, they're great speakers, and i'm not selling it because I don't like the sound of it, it's just really big and cumbersome and i'd rather sell it to get something lighter. I've said before that i'm about 125 pounds, this cab alone probably weighs more than me. I just don't want to haul it around anymore.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
^ Also, they're great speakers, and i'm not selling it because I don't like the sound of it, it's just really big and cumbersome and i'd rather sell it to get something lighter. I've said before that i'm about 125 pounds, this cab alone probably weighs more than me. I just don't want to haul it around anymore.

You could always buy an empty 1x15 cab an put one of the BW's in it that would be way cheaper.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You could always buy an empty 1x15 cab an put one of the BW's in it that would be way cheaper.

Good idea, I did that with a Genz Benz cab I had and a free BW.

You even parting out your cab might work. Psychology is a funny thing, sometimes a guy wouldn't pay $80 for a BW equipped 2x15, but offer two speakers $100 each and a $25 or free empty cab and he's think he was getting the deal of the century.

Also what are you looking for exactly in your new bass amp. From what I looked up your current amp just looks like a older model of what your buying? Same layout even, is it just an issue of weight? they both just seem to be pre-post - Graphic EQ kind of thing. Is modern to you the sound or the look and size? And if you don't want a multi part setup, just a standalone amp, why does it need to fit a rack if it's going to be alone.
Quote by Robbgnarly

I'd have to sell a 215 cab with just one speaker?

Quote by askrere
Good idea, I did that with a Genz Benz cab I had and a free BW.

You even parting out your cab might work. Psychology is a funny thing, sometimes a guy wouldn't pay $80 for a BW equipped 2x15, but offer two speakers $100 each and a $25 or free empty cab and he's think he was getting the deal of the century.

Also what are you looking for exactly in your new bass amp. From what I looked up your current amp just looks like a older model of what your buying? Same layout even, is it just an issue of weight? they both just seem to be pre-post - Graphic EQ kind of thing. Is modern to you the sound or the look and size? And if you don't want a multi part setup, just a standalone amp, why does it need to fit a rack if it's going to be alone.

What I want from a new bass amp is something lighter, and just modern. It needs to fit in a rack because I have a power conditioner and a racktuner. I'd rather have it all fit in a rack rather than what i'm doing now, which is having the PC and tuner in a rack and the amp as a separate unit. It's not going to be alone.

Also, i've been looking at some Carvin stuff too. The BX500 is mountable (granted, with ears) and it comes with the graphic EQ. It's 300W at 8 ohms and it weighs 5 pounds. My Mark VIII is 350W at 4 ohms and it weighs almost 60 pounds. And it's not rack mountable.
pinga
He means buy 1 or two empty 1x15 cabs and install the two BW's in them for a more portable solution. I said sell the speakers alone and the cab alone as an option. You could go half and do a 1x15 but sell the other speaker and cab. There is a lot of ways to go about it. I'd only be wary that whatever you buy your cab allows for full power unless you plan to stack.
Quote by askrere
He means buy 1 or two empty 1x15 cabs and install the two BW's in them for a more portable solution. I said sell the speakers alone and the cab alone as an option. You could go half and do a 1x15 but sell the other speaker and cab. There is a lot of ways to go about it. I'd only be wary that whatever you buy your cab allows for full power unless you plan to stack.

Oh man, I didn't even think of that. That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as it's light weight (im trying to keep a new cab 50 pounds or less).

Can you explain the last part? Are you talking about any new amp that I may buy?
pinga