Well I recently re-acquired my stolen Paul Reed Smith SE Soapbar Maple II, and I've just bought an Orange Crush 35LDX.

I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for a new speaker to throw in it. It comes with a 10" speaker.

Also, I recently just got a check for some service work I did a few months ago and never got paid for, so I decided to just ball out (I had some stuff stolen outta my car/apartment while I was outta town working - caught the guy trying to pawn it, friend works at pawn shop and called police when he saw what he knew was my stuff) and throw some new pups in muh baybay.

I was looking at DiMarzio DP210 Tone Zone P-90 in the bridge and a DiMarzio DP169 Virtual Humbucker P-90 for the neck. I thought about the P90 sized Super Distortion for the neck position, but I figured a little feedback was in order. I mostly play blues/indie, but I like to play hard rock/metal (mostly techy-stuff.) I know the amp isn't exactly a metal monster, but it seems to be a jack of all genres amp, and I play a ton of stuff clean/minimal grit and my buddy hooked me up with a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal so I'll see how that sounds when I get my hands on it.

So, what would you kind gents/gent-ettes recommend for a good replacement speaker and what pickup combo would you recommend? thaaaaaanks
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
DP210 and Super Distortion.

Just if anybody could help with the speaker question, I'll be all set.
i haven't tried the p90 versions but is it wise putting an SD in the neck with a TZ in teh bridge? might be fine if the SD is a separate neck version (no idea) and lower output, but the bridge SD is probably a bit hotter than the TZ.

EDIT: what speakers can you get cheap? obviously don't put an alnico blue in there, lol.

maybe eminence legends? they're pretty cheap and have a decent rep (i've only tried the patriots).

though i mean the ideal solution would be a better (tube) amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 11, 2012,
Yeah, I was looking at:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/eminence-legend-1058-10-guitar-speaker/660088000000000

And I was under the impression the TZ was pretty much strictly bridge position it seemed a good bit hotter than the SD. I could be wrong haha it happens a fair amount

thanks a lot for the help!!

EDIT: And yes, if I had the money I would be looking at a Peavey 6505 in my living room.

EDIT: Yeah, the SD has 15mv more output than the TZ. Look at you go
Last edited by Shining_Yrael at Feb 11, 2012,

what type of tone are you after for the speaker? that's an american-voiced speaker. don't think they do a 10" british-voiced speaker in the legend series, though, you'd have to go for teh ramrod (which is probably a bit more expensive, and that's assuming you want a british-voiced speaker). EDIT: just to clarify, i haven't tried any of those. I have a copperhead, which is very nice, but it's a very vintage blackfacey american type of tone (which is what i wanted). I wouldn't want it as an all-rounder.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
American
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
oh ok

well i guess you could email eminence to ask for their advice. they've always been super-helpful when i've emailed them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
... I hadn't even thought of emailing them!

lol thanks for the advice!!! I have to ask about stuff, I can be very indecisive I really appreciate the help!
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
no worries

i'm ridiculously indecisive myself
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?