I will be traveling to China in May. I haven't been there for many years now, and I don't remember Internet censorship being too bad then.

Now that the Great Firewall China is getting taller and taller, does anyone know if using Tor will allow me to access my favorite sites? Is there anything I should be worried about while I'm there?
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
I think TORs still ok to use as long as you've already got it. I'm not sure what they'll do if they catch you on it or whatever.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
If this was facebook and i could like your last comment would.

But yes if you take over a laptop/computer with tor already installed and pretty ready to use i believe you will be fine.
Good to hear. I wouldn't know what to do without my EWE GEE... D:
Are we blocked in China?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
Are we blocked in China?

I don't think so. There are Chinese UGers. They may be using Tor or something though; I don't know what sites are blocked in China.
UG isn't blocked in China.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Isn't Tor some Jewish thing?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Isn't Tor some Jewish thing?

No, TOR is a russian based IP masking program.

Are you thinking of the Torah?
Didn't you make this exact thread several weeks ago? Did you delete it? Because I can't find it. Or are you someone else?

I'm probably someone else.

What's the state of social networking sites in China? Is it safe to say that they've blocked the majority of those?
Quote by FishStik
I'm probably someone else.

What's the state of social networking sites in China? Is it safe to say that they've blocked the majority of those?

Facebook/YouTube/Google is blocked. Never tried anything else but don't count on it. China has their own versions of FB and Twitter, which are shitty ripoffs of the real thing. You could sign up just for fun lol.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
why spend time in china on the internet ? go get chinese hookers
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Xiaoxi
Facebook/YouTube/Google is blocked. Never tried anything else but don't count on it. China has their own versions of FB and Twitter, which are shitty ripoffs of the real thing. You could sign up just for fun lol.

Gotta' keep up to date with the Kim Jong Un stories!

ot: Tor will work fine.
I don't think you'll have any problems. If you really want to be stealth so the execution vans don't come knocking on your door i hear you can put it on a stick with its own ram or something and it basically leaves no trace because your operating system is also on the stick.

I don't really know specifically how that works I just heard of it. Other than that for me, computer=doiiiiiiii