Is the DT worth the extra $100? I wouldn't utilize the Drop tuning function all that much, mainly for "bass" tones, but its a pretty solid "drop tune" pedal for $100, if that makes sense. I'm slightly leaning on the side that I should get the DT, but $300 for a pedal is a little steep for me.

This is not considering buying one used.

Whammy: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/digitech-whammy-pedal-with-midi-control/150171000000000

Whammy DT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/digitech-whammy-dt-drop-tune-guitar-effects-pedal

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
It's all down to whether you think it's worth the money, if you think you'd get enough use out of it to warrant the price of the thing...

Just when I thought the Digitech Whammy couldn't take up anymore room on my pedalboard...

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Its a cool idea, be fun to experiment with. But if you don't think you'll use the drop tune part very much, why spend the extra money?
Gearz
Gibson SG Standard(with BG Pups Pure 90's) -> BOSS TU2 -> Jetter Jet Drive -> EHX Big Muff w/ Tone-Wicker -> HBE Germania 44 -> BOSS DD-20 -> Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo -> Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
This one says it's polyphonic. Maybe it sounds better? I'm pretty sure the regular whammy is just monophonic.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Didn't think I'd use drop tuning much either, until I found how easy it was to shift from Eb to D std or E std while learning songs in diff tunings without retuning the gtr. Trust me, it's worth every penny. Plus it's true bypass so it's not a tone suck like the Whammy.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
From what I've heard, the DT is better than the IV in all applications on the pedal. If it is polyphonic and the IV is mono, that might be the explanation. The reviews I've read said that the DT was all around better and worth the money. I would grab it just because you never know when you might the drop tune function later. I mean, if you are buying a DigiTech Whammy, you're obviously gonna screw around with different sounds, so why not go all out?