Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
It's all in the fingers. Just gotta have the fingers of the King of the Blues. Hell, that country player wasn't even plugged into an amp. It's all in the fingers.
Fender, turned up pretty damn loud. Neck pickup on a strat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
fender strat through an absolutely cranked fender (looks to be a 65 twin reverb), probably with some upgraded speakers, pushed with a tubescreamer style over-drive pedal. thats the basic idea of what hes doing to get his tone, though he could certainly have modified amps or be using a more boutique amp of sorts.

really though, any all-tube american style amp (6l6 power tubes, 12AX7 pre-amp tubes) with 12'' speakers with a decent OD pedal should be able to copy that sound reasonably well.
Fender Strat, Fender amp, Tubescreamer.

And the ability to play like that guy.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UCkeGPYNrE

he basically has a pedal lineup given from god. nobody....nobody has all these.

he also has 1-2 dumble amps. so basically you can never sound like him.

however, you can try to get close. you need a strat with HEAVY strings, strong fingers, a heavy SRV influence, a crancked amp (gotta be hot) but with not a ton of drive, and push it wth high quality ODS. 2 tube sreamers run in unison might get you close. common SRV thing.

your not gotta get that sustain with feedback without a very hot cranked tube amps.
While you can't beat the original for the world-ending wall of sound when Jimi kicks in the Fuzz Face after the intro, SRV's Fender/Strat version iz bettar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hk3BcfD73U
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
custom shop pickups make the biggest difference in trying to achieve that tone. a set of '69s would do nicely.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by JesusCrisp
Fender Strat, Fender amp, Tubescreamer.

And the ability to play like that guy.

+1 pretty much. (the original jimi version was probably a fuzz face (?) and a wah)

that was pretty awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?