Page 1 of 2
Guys, if you could put together supergroup who would it be?

Mine-
Paul Rodger-Vocals
Slash-Guitar
Ace Frehely- Guitar
Nikki Sixx- Bass
Frankie Banali- Drums
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Blackwaterson89 - dick cleaner

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Xiaoxi- The guy who lives in a van down by the river.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Fudge Packer? That's the best?
These are over done, but I love them anyways.

hmm.

Bjork-vocals and piano/keys
Kevin Shields-guitar and vocals
Jonsi-guitar and vocals
Panda Bear-drums/percussion and vocals
Jimmy Chamberlain-drums
Doug Shaw-bass

Would be trippy as hell and a vocal harmony heaven
Honestly the insults-Slash poor trolling is 5th rate at the best. What happen to pit? I guess all the good ones got banned long ago.
It must be that time of the month. You know, that time when someone makes another supergroup thread.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
^ Only if Jack Black can improvise over it.
Quote by DonGlover
It must be that time of the month. You know, that time when someone makes another supergroup thread.

It must be that time of the day, where another pit monkey has a dick up his ass, and has to bitch about a thread.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
It must be that time of the day, where another pit monkey has a dick up his ass, and has to bitch about a thread.

What does this lovely black cock in my ass have anything to do with your inability to use the searchbar and add to the massive pile of threads featuring this tedious topic?
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
What does this lovely black **** in my ass have anything to do with your inability to use the searchbar and add to the massive pile of threads featuring this tedious topic?

Does anyone use the searchbar? 5 in 1000 most likely do.
vocals/additional guitars - Todd Lewis
lead guitar - Mick Mars
rhythm guitar - Izzy Stradlin
bass - Pat Badger
piano - Billy Powell
drums - Tommy Lee
Vocals - Stephen Wilson
Guitar - Al Di Meola
Bass - John Myung
Keyboards - Jordan Rudess
Percussion - Yngwie Malmsteen

Because. It COULD happen...
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Matt Bellamy - vocals/guitar
David Gilmour - lead guitar
Flea - bass
Dave Grohl - vocals/drums
rythm/lead G-Dimebag (pantera)
Lead G-Tosin Abasi (animals as leaders)
Drums-Gene Hoglan(Death) or Danny Carey (Tool)
Bass-Les Claypool (primus)
Singer=Chino Moreno (Deftones)

the most epic lineup ever?
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Last edited by MiseryMonster at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by Blackwaterson89

It's used generally used at sensible times (when you suspect a thread might have already been done recently). But you're right, you shouldn't even had to have used it. You've been on here for nearly 4 years, you should've seen more of these "make your dream band" threads than I.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
It's used generally used at sensible times (when you suspect a thread might have already been done recently). But you're right, you shouldn't even had to have used it. You've been on here for nearly 4 years, you should've seen more of these "make your dream band" threads than I.

Seriously get over it
Phil Anselmo- Vocals
Brendon Small- Backing Vocals/ Lead Guitar
Alex Skolnick- Lead Guitar
Eric Peterson- Rythym Guitar
Tim Yeung- Drums
Robert Trujillo- Bass
Quote by Blackwaterson89

You have a point.

I don't like the 21st Century idea of a supergroup. To me, you have Cream, which was history in the making, and technically Led Zeppelin. Nowa days, we're all about putting five famous guitarists on a stage, or putting entirely different musicians together for a TV show. What's the point?

When I listen to a band, it's not really because of who was in it, but the overall sound. If Slash joined the Black Eyed Peas, it wouldn't make much sense.

Seeing Johnny Marr in Modest Mouse was a big deal for me. It wasn't a supergroup, per say, but to see Issac Brock and Marr onstage together was awesome.
The Best Super Group Has To Have:

Guitars
Dimebag
Slash
Buckethead.. Yeah The Guy With The Chuckie Mask And The kfc Bucket On His Head
Bass
Nobody
Vocals
Hettfeild
Drums
Animal

Quote by Buck's Student
You have a point.

I don't like the 21st Century idea of a supergroup. To me, you have Cream, which was history in the making, and technically Led Zeppelin. Nowa days, we're all about putting five famous guitarists on a stage, or putting entirely different musicians together for a TV show. What's the point?

When I listen to a band, it's not really because of who was in it, but the overall sound. If Slash joined the Black Eyed Peas, it wouldn't make much sense.

Seeing Johnny Marr in Modest Mouse was a big deal for me. It wasn't a supergroup, per say, but to see Issac Brock and Marr onstage together was awesome.

I get what you are saying. To me a legit supergroup has to be something like Cream. Musicians of the same vein who want test each other musically.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
I get what you are saying. To me a legit supergroup has to be something like Cream. Musicians of the same vein who want test each other musically.

I thought that was the point from the start? That's what I aimed for anyways.
Just putting favorite musicians that have nothing to do with the others genres or styles would just be stupid and pointless.
Jim Morrison or Robert Plant-Vocals
Jimi Hendrix-Guitar/Vocals
Randy Rhoads-Guitar
Roger Waters-Bass/Vocals
Ben Johnston-Drums/Vocals
Ray Manzarek-keyboards
Maybe throw in Ravi Shankar or George Harrison for sitar
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I thought that was the point from the start? That's what I aimed for anyways.
Just putting favorite musicians that have nothing to do with the others genres or styles would just be stupid and pointless.

Yeah, that was Buck side of the argument. I am with you though. It would be pointless, you have to have guys that are willing to push each other to be amazing.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Yeah, that was Buck side of the argument. I am with you though. It would be pointless, you have to have guys that are willing to push each other to be amazing.

Plus the turn out is unimaginable. The whole point of this kind of exercise is to conjure up a group that could possibly come out with something great due to their respective strengths in the same or similar genres. If people are just going to list their favorite musicians, this is a favorite musicians thread and not a super group one.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Plus the turn out is unimaginable. The whole point of this kind of exercise is to conjure up a group that could possibly come out with something great due to their respective strengths in the same or similar genres. If people are just going to list their favorite musicians, this is a favorite musicians thread and not a super group one.

Agreed. That why I thought mine though. Paul Rodgers is an amazing vocals that could match up with Slash pretty sweetly. Frankie Banali has an amazing drive on the drums(Quiet Riot's Metal Health), I though Ace would be a great dueling partner with Slash. They are some much alike when it comes to guitar. Nikki is a bass player from that era who is flexiable with a lot of styles of Rock. It would work.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Agreed. That why I thought mine though. Paul Rodgers is an amazing vocals that could match up with Slash pretty sweetly. Frankie Banali has an amazing drive on the drums(Quiet Riot's Metal Health), I though Ace would be a great dueling partner with Slash. They are some much alike when it comes to guitar. Nikki is a bass player from that era who is flexiable with a lot of styles of Rock. It would work.

Nah yours seems plausible, and so far everyone else's does too (unless I skipped a bad one). Usually it's far worse though.
Mine are all pop based but are branched far away from being branded as pop, I guess, so they could all work together rather well. It'd probably be a doney, psychedelic experimental band.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Feb 11, 2012,
Trent Reznor - Vox

Trent Reznor - Drums

Trent Reznor - Guitar

Trent Reznor - Bass

Trent Reznor - Keys

Trent Reznor - Turntables

Trent Reznor - Violin

I don't think it would sound good, I just want Trent Reznor to have to work really hard.
Brant Bjork - Drums
Matt Cameron - Drums
Ben Shepherd - Bass
Kim Thayil - Guitar
Adam Jones - Guitar
Dave Catching - Slide guitar, keys
John Garcia - Vocals
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Adam Lambert-vocals
Ray Toro-lead guitar
Dave Grohl-rhythm guitar
Jeph Howard-bass
Tre Cool-drums
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Jim Morrison (If dead people count)- vocals
Marc Ribot- guitar
Josh Homme-guitar/bass/vocals
Any of the drummers who have worked with Tom Waits-drums
Jack White- Piano/vocals
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by billtsas
Matt Bellamy - vocals/guitar
David Gilmour - lead guitar
Flea - bass
Dave Grohl - vocals/drums

actually this would be fucking unreal

here's a random one based on who i think would have good playing chemistry

Nuno Bettencourt - guitars
Tom Morello - guitars
Brann Dailor or Carter Beauford - drums
Flea - bass (as much as i didnt want to pick him, he would go too well with these guys not to
Michael Jackson - vocals

picking a singer for that motley arrangement was fucking hard, but i had to go with Mikey because he could probably cover all styles a band like this might do
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dan Swäno - Rhythm guitar and vocals
Anders Nyström - Lead guitar
Johan DeFarfalla - Bass
Martín López - Drums

All circa 1997-2004, with occasional guest vocals by Mikael Åkerfeldt.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Henry Rollins (Black Flag) - Vocals
East Bay Ray (Dead Kennedys) - Guitar
Joe Lally (Fugazi) - Bass
Keith Moon (Who) - Drums

That would be the greatest punk band ever.
Chris Cornell - Vocals
Slash - Lead Guitar
James Hetfield - Rhythm Guitar
Flea - Bass
Dave Grohl - Drums

eh?!
Quote by Blackwaterson89

Seriously get over it

Off topic: I want to find her and just ask her to do that smile....

On topic: Dallas Green and Aaron Gillespie, just jamming.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Page 1 of 2