Hi everyone!!
I'm planning to buy a second guitar and I can't choose between an LTD MH-50 or MH-53 VS. an Ibanez Gio GRG270. If I were to choose the LTD... I can't choose between an H-H(MH-50) or an H-S-S (MH-53) that will fit my style. I would also want to know if there is a difference in a Maple and Rosewood Finger board? I would also want to know which is better A Floyd Rose Special or an Ibanez Edge III? Sorry for the questions... I really can't decide properly... hope you can help XD
here are the specs of the guitars:

LTD MH-50(Rosewood fingerboard)

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/mh-50.html

LTD MH-53(Maple fingerboard)

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/mh-53.html

Ibanez Gio GRG270(Rosewood fingerboard)

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/GRG270
Last edited by technodestroyer at Feb 11, 2012,
MH-53 because maple is so damn sexy.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
none. don't pick any of those.

FR trems on cheaper guitars, especially this sort of price range, are pretty much destined to be nightmares. and frankly, none of those guitars are particularly good, even if you neglect to consider the trem. also, neither one of those trems is really better, they're both going to be poor.

if you can, try and save up a little more (try and get to $450 or $500) and grab a used 1000 series LTD. these feature FR1000 trems, which are noticeably smoother and more reliable than cheaper trems. a 1000 series LTD will also feature better hardware, better pickups and better assembly
Quote by krehzeekid
none. don't pick any of those.

FR trems on cheaper guitars, especially this sort of price range, are pretty much destined to be nightmares. and frankly, none of those guitars are particularly good, even if you neglect to consider the trem. also, neither one of those trems is really better, they're both going to be poor.

if you can, try and save up a little more (try and get to $450 or $500) and grab a used 1000 series LTD. these feature FR1000 trems, which are noticeably smoother and more reliable than cheaper trems. a 1000 series LTD will also feature better hardware, better pickups and better assembly

thanks for the suggestion. I live in the Philippines so I don't know how much it would cost to order that kind of model. XD
Well, the LTD's are archtops, which is more attractive IMO. The biggest difference between maple and rosewood is that maple is lacquered while rosewood isn't. I prefer rosewood. As stated here, there's not much difference in the trems at that price range.

I was a huge devotee of Ibanez... until I got my first LTD! My vote is for the MH-50!

Good luck!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by RiffRaff61
Well, the LTD's are archtops, which is more attractive IMO. The biggest difference between maple and rosewood is that maple is lacquered while rosewood isn't. I prefer rosewood. As stated here, there's not much difference in the trems at that price range.

I was a huge devotee of Ibanez... until I got my first LTD! My vote is for the MH-50!

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion!! =D
I have a mh 50 nt and an ibanez er170 which has similar features to the one you are looking at. The Floyd on the ibanez is useless and just needs blocking but it has a nice enough feel for the price.

The ltd is better looking, sounding and feels better than the ibanez imo. Mine has no tremelo but as stated above the cheap ones are not worth the tuning problems.

Both are reasonable starter guitars but that's about it.
The FR Special is a decent trem when set up well. It will eventually wear out, but proper maintenance can keep it going for a few years.

I love the fact that the LTD 50 models use the same exact trem as the 400 models do, but no one ever says anything bad about those.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X