I've been playing for around two and a half years, and I practice almost every day, multiple times. The thing is, I really just practice songs or bits of songs that I like and can play. Now, I've been moving into deeper territory with songs from CoB and solos from A7X and I feel damned inadequate. I know I've only been playing for so long, and yes those are extremely technical bands, but I really want to get at the level where I can play at least some of the easier Bodom stuff well.

I don't have a practice schedule, and I wondered if maybe you guys could help me throw one together. I can easily play for two hours a day, and I want to make the most out of it. I really love metal, and want to be able to shred as well as have a good sense of rhythm, as in the band I am forming I am probably going to rhythm.

Cheers!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I say this all the time:

You get better by learning to play stuff that you can't play. You won't improve unless you push yourself. Find an A7X solo or song you like, learn it and then get it up to speed.

I've never had a practice routine and I can play A7X solos.

Along with the intro riff to Raining Blood the intro to Beast and the Harlot was the first thing I learned.
Last edited by MegadethFan18 at Feb 11, 2012,
I'm giving it a try with Beast and The Harlot, and I might do Bat Country in the near future, thing is, I wish there was a better way to get them up to speed than by grinding the same lick/phrase repeatedly.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah grinding a lick can get pretty annoying but it's worth it when you finally nail it.

I'll be honest I hardly ever try learn anything new any more because I'm too impatient. I just shred around.
I'll just keep at it, but the thing is, I really want to shred as well, I know a few scales, mostly minor ones.
Quote by luxeion

I use a mix of Rock Discipline and Freepower exercises.
I start with warm up, then some string crossing and skipping, arpegios (no sweep, just in alt, its harder :p), and chromatic scales (to try to keep my fingers near the fretboard and independance).
Then I do exercises for legato (stamina ...).

And to finish, I work on a song
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
Sounds good
Quote by luxeion

Sh** ! I was on the wrong topic, sorry ! :x
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
Hahahahaha, I was wondering, like WTF?? No problems.
Quote by luxeion