I have a schecter corsair semi-hollowbody with bigsby. I'm looking for new pickups to put in but not sure which way to go. I'm trying to get a raw/gritty blues tone with a touch of soul. I've been looking at Lindy fralin noise canceling p90s. I play thru a 79' Marshall 50w MKII lead. I'm looking for any help and/or suggestions to try and get me close to the tone I hear in my head.
I don't know, P90-sized buckers would be a good idea, but noise-cancelling singlecoils most of the time mean a compromise in tone.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
fralins are bomb pickups, his strat pickups can't be matched IMO. but you say you are looking for the bluesy tone with a touch of soul. check out the classic 57s by gibson, those are like...THE pickups for pretty much anything, and since you have a semi-hollow you'll be able to use gain without it squealing at you.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
My friend has the lindy fralin noise cancelling p90s in his gigging axe. His tone at gigs is outstanding, not much of a compromise really.
Quote by gerraguitar
fralins are bomb pickups, his strat pickups can't be matched IMO. but you say you are looking for the bluesy tone with a touch of soul. check out the classic 57s by gibson, those are like...THE pickups for pretty much anything, and since you have a semi-hollow you'll be able to use gain without it squealing at you.

Eh, the 57s are ok, but not incredible. There's fare from loads of boutique winders that will bury those pickups without breaking the bank.

I'm going to cast my vote for the P90s as well because soapbars are the bomb.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Thanks for the feed back. On the fralin p90s they offer different windings +5, -5, ect....or stock does anyone know the advantages to getting underwound vs overwound vs stock. The tone I'm after is somewhere in the ball park of Dan auerbach, Jon Spencer blues explosion, Ben Harper if that helps. I know they use alot of effects but I wanted to start with the right pickups first. Effects I mainly use are EQD dirt transmitter, hoof, OCD.
Well I have decided to go with bare knuckle stormy Monday humbuckers with alnico II magnet and four conductor wiring four coil split. Not sure whether to go potted or unpotted.
In a sem-hollow? Potted fer shure.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100