Ok so I have narrowed my choices down to a few.

I've sort of come up with these;

Ltd sc207
Ibanez rga7
Ibanez rg7321
Schecter omen 7 extreme
Schecter Damien 7
Schecter demon 7

I play in drop a the whole time. Only ever write songs, no covers. Heavy influences are. Suicide silence, the red shore, Molotov solution, thy art is murder, signal the firing squad and job for a cowboy.

Which of these will suit playing the listed bands. Sound wise and build quality is what I need help on as I can always adapt to playing it. The option of trying before buying isn't tere as I live hours from the nearest music store. So it'll be an online purchase.

The ltd I found has emg 707's installed.

Any info on agile 7 strings would be helpful as I have only just recently found they existed.

Please help and thanks in advance.
Well for starters I would completely avoid the schecter 7 strings all together. The necks are just too thick for a seven and its annoying (same problem with the carvin 7's). I happen to be shopping for my next seven also so I've looked into everything.

If you are going used to save money I would search for an ibanez 7: either the 7321 model which is dirt cheap and will kick some ass with upgraded pickups, the 7620 model on ebay which is a top of the line Japanese model that's still very affordable, or the s series model. My friend just got an s series 7 off craigslist for a little more than 200 dollars and it plays and sounds great stock.

if you are going for something brand new...

-ESP just released a boat load of new signature 7 string guitars that are all top notch, I will most likely be buying the ZH7 when it comes out in the next couple months since it has emg pickups, ebony board, and locking tuners.

I've played a couple Agiles as well and they are nice guitars also but I prefer to have fret markers on the neck.
Originally Posted by slatsmania
I'd rather plug my guitar into my dog's ass.

yes... the marshall mg series < dog's ass
i have the LTD H-1007 with the floyd rose and build quality is great. my only complaint is that i find that the EMG 707 picks up a bit of a sterile pick attack in comparison to the passive pickups on my other guitar, but otherwise it sounds pretty good with my blackstar amp.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Ok so I'll rule out the schecters. I knew they had fat necks but wasn't sure if that would help fatten the sound or something haha. Well I hoped anyway. Oh and another thing in in Australia and I hear guitars are dearer for us. Would an rga7 with blackouts sound awesome? Or
Much to the same quality as the with 707's I'm heavily considering as I love my ltd 6 string.
I prefer emg to blackouts but that's completely subjective to your own preference. Also If you personally do not mind a thick neck on a guitar then by all means don't rule them out. Thicker necks do supposedly help with sustain and tone somewhat. For me though I just get annoyed by it especially on the slightly wider neck of a 7 and the tonal difference is not noticeable to my ear personally.

Ok so I'll rule out the schecters. I knew they had fat necks but wasn't sure if that would help fatten the sound or something haha. Well I hoped anyway. Oh and another thing in in Australia and I hear guitars are dearer for us. Would an rga7 with blackouts sound awesome? Or
Much to the same quality as the with 707's I'm heavily considering as I love my ltd 6 string.
Ok yea a thick neck would annoy me when I comes to sweeping. I guess the ltd is looking good seeing as though it has had 707's installed already and save me doing it in the future.
Schecter necks really aren't that thick. They've very average, truth be told; about the same size as most modern Fender necks. They're just marginally rounder than ESP necks and not as paper-thin as Ibanez necks. The big payoff is less hand fatigue, a stronger tone and they don't shift with changes in temperature and humidity as much. In fact for 7-strings, having a thicker neck is a good bonus.

Of course if you physically can't get your hand around it then that's a problem, but if your hands are that small then you probably shouldn't be looking at anything other than Ibanez guitars or the ESP M-series anyway.

One big, big point in Schecter's favour is that they're 26.5" scale which will help you keep the 7th string from getting muddy in Drop A. Hell, many people won't touch a 7-string that is less than 27" scale, even if they're going to play in B Standard. I've been borrowing a LTD SC-607B (27" scale) for A Standard and I have to say I don't think I could go back to 25.5" scale for 7-string playing now.

As far as the guitars you've listed go, I'm somewhat bias to for the LTD (Ibanez necks are too small and cramp my hands; Schecters are overpriced around here), though I would suggest you consider a couple of other brands: Washburn have made some great 7s that can be found going for ridiculously low prices (my as-new WG-587 is the technical and spec equivalent of one of the older LTD 400 series guitars, yet cost me only about half what a SC-207 would), and Epiphone have also done a few 7-strings over the years which have been pretty nice.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Konstantine19
Well for starters I would completely avoid the schecter 7 strings all together. The necks are just too thick for a seven and its annoying (same problem with the carvin 7's). I happen to be shopping for my next seven also so I've looked into everything.

If you are going used to save money I would search for an ibanez 7: either the 7321 model which is dirt cheap and will kick some ass with upgraded pickups, the 7620 model on ebay which is a top of the line Japanese model that's still very affordable, or the s series model. My friend just got an s series 7 off craigslist for a little more than 200 dollars and it plays and sounds great stock.

if you are going for something brand new...

-ESP just released a boat load of new signature 7 string guitars that are all top notch, I will most likely be buying the ZH7 when it comes out in the next couple months since it has emg pickups, ebony board, and locking tuners.

I've played a couple Agiles as well and they are nice guitars also but I prefer to have fret markers on the neck.

Stopped reading at the bold bit but then spotted the second thing.

You have clearly never ever played a Carvin 7 string.

You haven't played the new LTDs so you dont know if they are top notch.

Stop talking out of your arse.

TS look out and buy an older Ibanez 7621/7421. They are MIJ, brilliantly built and they are the precursors the Prestige range. They also go for next to nothing. They would also blow any LTD 7 string of yester year away, 707s or not.

707s are also pretty awful.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You already have a thread about this that you only posted yesterday
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
lol a lot of bashing going on on here, pickups are completely preferential from person to person so go ahead and bash emg's all you want. Yes I HAVE played a carvin seven string that my friend owns and he is SELLING it because he does not like the neck on it. So don't talk out your arse buddy making assumptions. On the other hand yes I can go Ahead and assume that the new LTD signatures will be very nice guitars from having played countless ltd models which I've almost never been dissapointed with so it would be very strange if ESP just decided to make and release a shit quality signature series line of 7's considering the cheapest one is 1000 dollars.

Quote by I.slam.

I've heard a RGA7 with Liquifire/Crunchlab pickups, and it sounded amazing, so I most likely the blackouts/EMG's will sound just as good. I personally much preferred the Blackouts to the 707's as they sounded more organic, and I got better cleans. But thats my 2c.

As said by Mr Flibble, Schecter necks aren't really as bad as people make them out to be. The C7/C7 ATX necks I played, were nowhere near as thin as my 7420's neck, but it was about the same thickness as a typical ESP/LTD neck, just rounder. I'd try one out at your local Billy Hyde/Allan's music first though.

Seeing you only have 6-$700 (read your previous thread), I'd look into picking up an Ibanez RG7421/RG7621 or even a RG7620 if you want a trem. Great discontinued guitars, which will sing when you give them a pickup change.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Throw the SC207 out of the pool. That thing is garbage. I love the 607 and 608 but that thing is cheap crap. Schecter necks aren't as fat as everyone makes them out to. I would at least try playing one before you decide on anything. For my hands I personally find Ibanez necks too thin, but they are a very well made guitar. Especially the older models that Tom mentioned. I was in the same boat as you a few years ago, I just went to several guitar shops and found what suited me best. That will give you more insight than any forum.
Quote by Konstantine19
lol a lot of bashing going on on here, pickups are completely preferential from person to person so go ahead and bash emg's all you want. Yes I HAVE played a carvin seven string that my friend owns and he is SELLING it because he does not like the neck on it. So don't talk out your arse buddy making assumptions. On the other hand yes I can go Ahead and assume that the new LTD signatures will be very nice guitars from having played countless ltd models which I've almost never been dissapointed with so it would be very strange if ESP just decided to make and release a shit quality signature series line of 7's considering the cheapest one is 1000 dollars.

Neck size is personal preference, and while I don't like Schecter neck's that much either the TS might. Also, Carvin 7 strings are made in America, and LTD 7 strings won't be, which kind of gives you an idea about which is going to be higher quality.

TS - Try to get a used 7420/7620 (or 7421/7621), they're going to be reasonably cheap and you'll get a professional quality made in Japan 7 string.