I'm ordering a Fender Super Champ X2 combo for studio and bedroom use. I just love this little thing, not too pricey and it gets me good tones to build on later with my bogner. My question is...The amp doesn't come with an effect loop hook up. The only thing it has in the back is a footswitch and line out.

Now I've heard before that you can plug you Hd500 into anything but without an effects loop you're only getting 1/2 the effects or something. I'm just not use to hooking this up to such a simple amp.

Would I just plug my guitar into the pod then pod to input on the amp? Also which out would I use? There is like 5 different mono outs and blah blah! Like I said this isn't going to ruin my decision I just have a pod hd 500 laying out and I use it sparingly to get new ideas and I'd love to use it with this new fender.

Sorry in advanced for any spelling mistakes or grammer, this was typed from my phone on the bus on my way to work.
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Fender Telecaster JA-90<br>
Fender Telecaster 79 custom<br>
It'll work like this : guitar-->pod-->amp input.

you just generally want the amp to be set as clean as possible since all your distortion will be coming from the pod.

You can use either of the 1/4" mono outputs. IIRC, the pair closest to the input from the guitar. You'd only use both if you were doing some stereo stuff.

You will lose no effects by not putting it into the loop. You'll arrange your affects so that the "pedals" that would normally be in the loop are after the amp model. The best results would be to plug the pod directly into the FX return if your amp had one. Then you'd be bypassing your preamp completely, but if you keep the preamp gain to a minimum it shouldn't matter.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
...you just generally want the amp to be set as clean as possible since all your distortion will be coming from the pod

You can use either of the 1/4" mono outputs. IIRC, the pair closest to the input from the guitar. You'd only use both if you were doing some stereo stuff

You will lose no effects by not putting it into the loop. You'll arrange your affects so that the "pedals" that would normally be in the loop are after the amp model. The best results would be to plug the pod directly into the FX return if your amp had one. Then you'd be bypassing your preamp completely, but if you keep the preamp gain to a minimum it shouldn't matter.

Don't go into it with pre-conceived notions and other people's opinions.

Just plug it in and tweak it a lot until you get what you like. You might prefer the distortion coming from the POD, coming from the amp, or some combination of the two. Personally, I like my Digitech GNX4 best running through my JVM 410h on the crunch channel, medium gain stage with the channel vol and gain dimed. But it's also OK going to a PA through a cranked Studio V3 starved plate tube pre-amp. And when I don't want to lug gear around it's good enough just plugging the GNX4 direct into a PA.

As for which of the mono outs to use, the rule of thumb for musical equipment is if you're going 1 channel, use the left output, not the right. Usually they're even labeled L/mono, R.

I don't even bother with the effects loop on my JVM. I tried it a couple of times but couldn't find any benefit. Definitely not worth tieing up those extra instrument cables and all the extra setup time and opportunities for error. K I S S.
both outs on my HD500 are labeled mono
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
both outs on my HD500 are labeled mono

The convention is to use the one on the left.

So use #18 on the left.
My point is that unless you're using stereo effects, it doesn't matter which you use. Both jacks send the exact same signal.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
My point is that unless you're using stereo effects, it doesn't matter which you use. Both jacks send the exact same signal.

OK, and my point is in general you should use the one on the left because that's the industry standard for pro audio when you go mono instead of stereo. Some equipment might operate in an unpredictable manner if you use the right channel for mono. It might not even work at all, because as a saftey feature some gear uses the left jack as a switch and cuts off all output unless something is plugged into the left jack.