I need some help figuring out this recording process. I know of a few people that do their cover videos on computer, and I wanted to do sort of the same thing because it sounds like crap when i record my amp and a cd player in a room. I have the m-audio fastrack interface from protools and a computer. I'm basically looking for any suggestions as to how I could make some guitar cover videos using this.
Plug in your guitar through the protools interface. Have whatever song you are playing along to as a separate track in protools. Record along to this, and after recording, sync the video with the sound file (export the whole project from pro tools, probably as a .wav file)
This way, you can play around with the balance so you can hear both yourself and the main track perfectly, plus you aren't recording through an awful computer mic or whatever.
Quote by Darkness in Zero
Plug in your guitar through the protools interface. Have whatever song you are playing along to as a separate track in protools. Record along to this, and after recording, sync the video with the sound file (export the whole project from pro tools, probably as a .wav file)
This way, you can play around with the balance so you can hear both yourself and the main track perfectly, plus you aren't recording through an awful computer mic or whatever.

Cool thanks, so the song has to be put on protools? Can I play it through YouTube? Sounds like a good deal except I'm not too sure on putting the video and sound together but I'll mess with it tonight