Right i use a jet city jca100h and a fender tele 72 deluxe.

The problem is in the rehersal studio when i use my bridge pickup with the amount of gain and volume id like i get an excessive high pitched feed back. when i switch to using both pick ups it goes away. Anyway i can fix this? I mean ive thought about buying a decimator or other noise gate as the ovious option.

But ive also thought about upgrading my pickups for some seymore duncans.

Would a change of pickups solve the problem or is it a common problem when using the bridge pick up?
More than likely it's the position & loudness of your monitor.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
If it disappears in the middle position it's getting the hum gone as its acting somewhat like a humbucker. You're getting typical single coil hum. Get the noise gate and you should be alright.
Quote by billabob
You mean the vocal monitors? I dont mic up my guitar at rehersal.

I was assuming you had a monitor in front of you (for whatever mix you want). Or there's your position in front of your cabinet.

If moving around doesn't change it, then a noise gate ought to. CorpseMangler 'splained it well.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Aww sorry i forgot to mention to anyone not familiar the guitar is already fitted with humbuckers. And yer there is a 2 monitors for the vox infront of me both sides of the walls.
Last edited by billabob at Feb 11, 2012,
Does the neck pup hum? Could be dodgey wiring.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yer i thought it could be down to dodgy wiring, i had a guy at the local music shop sort out a grounding issue but i think he ****ed it up. How would i go about checking too see if the wirings ok? i know nothing about wiring at all :S The neck pup doesnt hum just the bridge.