whats up. hopefully you guys dont realize i've made about 10 threads about picking out an amp, and cab, blah blah over the past few months.

i had decided i'd get the peavey 6505+ and mesa rectifier 2x12.

i bought the mesa rectifier 2x12, brand new condition, with a case 450$.

the same guy who sold me this, has a krank revolution 1, which sounded pretty sick.

im wondering what you guys think of this? the peavey 6505+ vs the krank revolution 1?

how much is different, how much do they usually run for? anything helps
its gonna be running through a mesa recitifer 2x12, thanks.

Edit: the krank is a revolution 1 original

im into bands like bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, atreyu,

im into the sounds of zakk wylde, synyster gates, dimebag darrel
Last edited by hallaatyaboi at Feb 11, 2012,
I would prefer the Krank personally. If you're going for rock-hard rock get the Peavey for sure. I'm a fan of Dethklok's tone so Krank amps make me happy. The Krank will get a little more gain and DOES sound pretty amazing with a Mesa cab.
First off, I'd suggest you follow the stickies at the top of the board. Find the "We Need:" sticky and post your situation.

(Note: Judging mostly off of YT vids. I've played a 6505 112 combo, but never played a krank)

I personally don't like the clean channel on either one of them. I mean, it ain't bad, but it isn't all that great.

The high gain is obviously the seller. Krank will have like, a mix between an American and a British (think 50% mesa boogie, 50% Marshall). That;s what I'm getting out of it.

The 6505 is the standard for br00tz ball crushing high gain. If you play metalcore, GO THIS.

The peavey 6534 might be a good middle path.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
both are very good amps. NosralTserrof has it right. The Krank is voiced differently than the 6505. I have played both amps and from what i gathered i would say that the Krank is a little more bassy than the 6505 but i find the 6505 has a little more tight gain. It also just depends how you EQ the amp and the effects your using. with the 6505 i use a overdrive EQ and Noise reduction. with the Krank i didnt use a overdrive but i did EQ and Noise reduce. It is all personal preference in the end. I would say play both and figure out which you really like tone wise. You wont be dissappointed by either.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE