So, we all know most multi effect pedals (e.g Boss GT, Vox Tonelab, Line 6 POD HD, etc) can go straight to the PA using cab/amp simulation. My question is: can I plug one directly to an active PA speaker like this? Or will I need a mixer/amp? Thanks.
In theory you can plug any pedal into a pa and don't need an amp regardless though a multieffects pedal would have to go to some sort of pa then that speaker though regardless if whatever feature it has unless it has an ohm out but I don't think they make those
Yep you can. Put the volume on the speaker somewhere in the middle, and use the master on the POD, etc, to fine tune. You'd only need a mixer if you want to put more than one input into the speaker.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by 95thFallout
In theory you can plug any pedal into a pa and don't need an amp regardless though a multieffects pedal would have to go to some sort of pa then that speaker though regardless if whatever feature it has unless it has an ohm out but I don't think they make those

Punctuation. Try it some time.

You don't need a PA. The powered speaker IS the PA. It's just a single input PA unless you have a mixer.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by 95thFallout

WTFO????

Short answer: Yes.
Hmm, IF that speaker has a built in amp then yes you can. However, im not seeing anything that shows that as being a powered speaker. Seams like its just a PA speaker?

If its not powered then you will need something to power it.
Quote by surjer
Hmm, IF that speaker has a built in amp then yes you can. However, im not seeing anything that shows that as being a powered speaker. Seams like its just a PA speaker?

If its not powered then you will need something to power it.

That webpage was a little confusing for me since it wasn't in English, but the product number ended with "P", which probably stands for "Powered", and some of the associated text said something like "Aktiv" which is a clue that it should be powered.

Plus Kustom makes these in powered and unpowered versions.

But you're right, that is a big if. If not, then TS will need a seperate power amp or a powered mixer.