Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew what this bassist was using to get the dub step sound. He obviously has something on his finger, but what is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuunY8BTqNs
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Generation EXP
Fender American FSR Stratocaster
Norman B20 CW Folk
1971 Hagstrom Jimmy Acoustic
Blackstar Ht-5
Boss DN-2
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Memory Toy
TC Hall of Fame
Boss RC-3
It looks like, and don't hold me to this, that the bass player is wearing a conductive glove (for using touchscreen stuff) on his fretting hand, and is using an electromagnetic strummer on his thumb. I'm not completely sure though....
It's a Source Audio Hot Hand with a Bass Envelope Filter. He's basically controlling the filter with his hand rather than with a pedal.
thx guys. I'm not a huge dub step fan or a bass player, but that cover is awesome and I was super curious what was going on with that bass lol
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Generation EXP
Fender American FSR Stratocaster
Norman B20 CW Folk
1971 Hagstrom Jimmy Acoustic
Blackstar Ht-5
Boss DN-2
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Memory Toy
TC Hall of Fame
Boss RC-3
Quote by UncleDomino
It's a Source Audio Hot Hand with a Bass Envelope Filter. He's basically controlling the filter with his hand rather than with a pedal.

this.
Quote by UncleDomino

Yeah this. It's funny, as soon as I read the title I knew you'd link this video. I used one of the older rings for a while as a filter for my guitar.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by askrere
So how does it work?

The ring just senses how far away it is from a certain point, the bass guitar, and uses that to control the sweep of the envelope filter.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat