title says it. i play avenged sevenfold, atreyu, bullet for my valentine, zakk wylde, etc.

i can get a krank revolution 1, used in like new condition for 750-800$

vs a peavey 6505+ head for around 700-750.

i'd be playing the head through a mesa rectifier 2x12 cab.

what do you think about this situation?
a7x, atreyu and bullet uses 6505's so I'd reccomend to go with that one.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Why did you make a new thread?

Quote by Me
First off, I'd suggest you follow the stickies at the top of the board. Find the "We Need:" sticky and post your situation.

(Note: Judging mostly off of YT vids. I've played a 6505 112 combo, but never played a krank)

I personally don't like the clean channel on either one of them. I mean, it ain't bad, but it isn't all that great.

The high gain is obviously the seller. Krank will have like, a mix between an American and a British (think 50% mesa boogie, 50% Marshall). That;s what I'm getting out of it.

The 6505 is the standard for br00tz ball crushing high gain. If you play metalcore, GO THIS.

The peavey 6534 might be a good middle path.

From the first thread.

However, given prices, the Krank is a steal for $800. There is almost no used market for them. 6505's go for $650 every day.

I'd go with the Krank, but be sure to play them both.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
one of the ax7 guitarists use the 100 watt jet city head. which should be cheap than both of those brand new.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Thats a very good deal on the Krank. I've played both (owned a 5150). I would go with the Krank.
I would go for the Peavey, but that's because I don't like the way Krank's sound.

That should be the main issue at the end of the day. Which one do you think sounds better?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
$800 for a Revolution 1 is decent, but you can find them for about $200 cheaper online. $800 for a Rev+ now that would be on par.

Either way though, a Krank is definitely a steal at that price...I'd go for it, then save up for a 6505 later on as there are definitely more on the used market.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2