So a couple of years ago i bought a spider 4 120W with the FBV Mk II shortboard. I didnt know any better at the time and it seemed like the best option, but now as im getting an ear for tone my spider amp just doesnt cut it. Im thinking of selling it in hopes of buying an amp whos tone i can appreciate, however my playing style is pretty broad ranging from reggae by the likes of Rebelution and the Expendables; to metal such as Tool whom im very into. I have a Mexican Strat but im also looking into getting an Agile Al 3110. So my main questions are how much could i get for the spider amp and pedal, and what other amp under ~500$ is there which is capable of being as versatile as a spider, yet have quality tone?
Dude a 6505+ for reggea?

TS Can you fill in the blanks?

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know
Yes, dude a 6505 for ****ing anything.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
i'd shoot for something by blackstar. maybe the artisan series if u can afford it?

blackstar has great, boutique ish cleans that should do the reggae pretty well but the gain on tap (idk how well the artisan is for this) is absolutely killer.

if you can't find an artisan, possibly the HT series? ur gonna get a lot of shit on here because it isn't all tube, but it sounds amazing for just about everything. and i'll take a good sounding amp regardless of how its made or how it goes about getting its tone