Has anyone tried the RG470MHZ yet? I've been thinking about getting a mahogany bodied guitar for a while now but the only real options in my price range where the S570 and PRS' SE range.

From what I can tell it's basically a S570 but in a RG body shape right? and the S series appearance was what put me off the guitar in the first place, but I do like the RG.

Also how does it compare with the PRS SE range?
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

Most SEs are above anything put out by ibby china or indo in my opinion. Especially the customs, torero, and akerfeldt. Not counting the premiums/ s prestiges. For a 400$ guitar its pretty sweet though besides the pickups/ electronics which you will want to swap eventually.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Most SEs are above anything put out by ibby china or indo in my opinion. Especially the customs, torero, and akerfeldt. Not counting the premiums/ s prestiges. For a 400$ guitar its pretty sweet though besides the pickups/ electronics which you will want to swap eventually.

Anything World Music (the OEM that makes PRS SE's) puts out tends to be freaking awesome. Some Schecters and LTD Deluxes are made by them too, (IIRC) and they're very nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have heard excellent things about about the SEs but the only thing that puts me off is that I've heard they have a pretty thick neck? I'm no shredder by any means but this guitar would be used for the heavier stuff and I'm currently trying to learn some Guthrie Govan pieces so I think the ibanez neck would be a benefit.

I guess I'll have to go down to a shop and try to play both. As it's fairly new I don't think many shops round here are stocking the RG yet so do you think playing a s570 would be sufficient but just ignore the body and focus on the sound and neck?
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

Quote by shields17
I have heard excellent things about about the SEs but the only thing that puts me off is that I've heard they have a pretty thick neck? I'm no shredder by any means but this guitar would be used for the heavier stuff and I'm currently trying to learn some Guthrie Govan pieces so I think the ibanez neck would be a benefit.

I guess I'll have to go down to a shop and try to play both. As it's fairly new I don't think many shops round here are stocking the RG yet so do you think playing a s570 would be sufficient but just ignore the body and focus on the sound and neck?

My torero's neck was quite thin, cant recall the others.
The s470 wont sound even close acoustically, but as long as you play one with Inf 1/2 set you'll get the general idea. I'd play a 370 to get the proper feel, although basswood, then try out an inf1/2 set.
The SE Custom 24's necks are quite thin. Too thin for my tastes, actually, I'd rather one with a slightly thicker neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.