don't know if anyone else saw Ilya Bryzgalov (NHL goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers) explain his thoughts on the universe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtaWkLFfevc
his coach, Peter Laviolette, gives his explanation on Ilya's attitude and thinking before the interview starts too

here's an unofficial transcript made by me for those that can't be bothered to watch it

Our solar system is so humangous big, right? But if you see our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, we're so small, you can't even see it, our galaxy is so huge. But if you see the big picture, our galaxy is this small, tiny, like, dot, in our universe, like, and you think like, 'and we have some problems here on the earth we worry about, compared to like,.. nuffing.' Just be happy. Don't worry, be happy right now

does anyone else share his thinking? he's a very upbeat Russian because of this attitude and i've started to see things this way and have noticed i'm also becoming a lot more upbeat
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
"Y u heff to be mad?"

That was bryzgalov right?
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.

and people think hockey is just for stupid cavemen.

I do like his attitude, it's very Carl Sagan like, but the thick russian is killing me

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by chev311e
If we all thought like that then no one would have any point to living right?

I don't follow your logic...
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

i think we are all we have so our problems should be compared to our own lives. we dont need to make ourselves insignificant. its not a pragmatic thing to do.
we are very small. life just cant be sustained if we were any bigger. we would require too much energy.
Quote by Carswell98
I don't follow your logic...

Well I understand what he's saying, but I don't agree with just not really caring about things just because our lives our so small compared to the universe. It's all we got, so don't go around thinking, "oh, my life isn't so great right now, but that doesn't matter, our lives are so insignificant that I could care less."
Quote by chev311e
Well I understand what he's saying, but I don't agree with just not really caring about things just because our lives our so small compared to the universe. It's all we got, so don't go around thinking, "oh, my life isn't so great right now, but that doesn't matter, our lives are so insignificant that I could care less."

yeah, you've got a point.

a little sense of perspective once in a while is good for us high strung types though.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Well, everytime I hesitate about doing something, i remind myself of how insignificant all my doubts are and how I might as well live life to it's fullest.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
eh, goalkeepers should not be seen nor heard.

actually, I was a goalie for 12 years, this could explain a lot...
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...