Hi-

Does anyone here have a Gretsch case? I am seriously thinking of getting a hardshell for my electromatic hollowbody. I have cases for my other 2 guitars (Epiphones) which I think is usually a good thing although I think 2 of my guitars have been scratched by a case- the door slamming on the guitar, and also the bottom of the guitar scratching while snugly fitting into the case.

I was sold a hardshell when I got my Gretsch in October but it was a very tight fit, and it was the best hardshell fit that they had in stock at the time. Recently I sold that case to a guy from craigslist for $65 and the Gretsch hardshell I am interested in is $100 which is about what my other hardshells were.

I just want to know from anyone else's experience, do these cases: have soft linings, have a door that will stay open, possible lock and key and a place for pics etc? I called the store I am thinking of ordering it from and they said they would order this for me if I am interested, I am wondering if I can have them put in on hold for me until I get a chance to look at it.

Thanks!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, HOPE for tomorrow.

Courage is grace under pressure.

Don't give up!

Illustrious acts high RAPTURES do infuse, and every conqueror creates a muse.
Gretsch cases are very well made, I have one for my Jet, so I'm basing my knowledge off that version, not the hollowbody version.
really solid latches, and it has a lock and the key doesnt look like one you'd find with every other gretsch case.

yes its soft lining, very soft infact. has a spot under where the neck lies for picks / slide / capo whatever