I've been working on a hardcore project and I really want to be able to use some Orange sounding amps to record some rough tracks, as they seem to be popular amps in the genre. However I can't afford an Orange set up or really use one to record in student housing. I've been looking for a decent orange Amp sim and am struggling to find one. I've got Amplitube 3 but I'm not really 100% satisfied with the result. Anyone know of any good Orange amp sims?

If nothing else, anyone know what sim I should use to approximate this sound?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Didn't listen to the link (on phone currently), but Guitar Rig has an orange amp sim. I don't know how it compares to a real amp but I really like it with an impulse loader behind it.
Hmmm I'll have to check it out. I was hoping for a freeware amp sim but I just don't think one exists. Everyone's too busy making more Tri Rec clones xD
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Downloaded the demo of the Tiny Terror and through the Catharsis impulses it sounds pretty good. It's nice to having something other than a Mesa or 5150 sim to play with.
Quote by IK Obi
Which orange gear model did you try in the AmpliTube Custom Shop? We currently have the Orange Tiny Terror for only 5 credits.

This is what I was going to suggest, seems like I'm recommending the free Amplitube to everyone these days.

The Amplitube FREE/Custom Shop business model is a superb one and I applaud you for it.

You could always go nuts and buy the Orange PC (with built in speaker and Orange modelling software)!

I actually tried amplitube 3 free and gear shop last night. Some good stuff. Love the idea of the gear shop.

Anyway I tries the orange tiny terror amp sim and cab and got some good sounds out of it.
Counterparts doesn't use orange amps. Jesse uses a 5150ii and Alex uses a Mesa. Alex uses an orange cab though. I'm pretty sure they recorded that with a 5150 into an orange cab. Bass was recorded on a 5150 too I think. haha
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I have a dual terror and the amplitube stuff is spot on. Spend the $20 and get the matching cab and a nice mic (I think I use the 414?). It's totally worth it and they NAIL the tone. Best you'll get in-the-box.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by ethan_hanus
Which Orange amp sound you g(Invalid img)oing for?

oud but now want to add leads
I'm pretty sure that Aradaz makes a free one. There's another developer that does one but the name slips my mind.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com