I've been wanting to add a piezo bridge to my guitar for a while now, and decided rather than spend out anything major on one, I would look into making one first.

Problem is, I'm very unsure as to the construction of these bridges.

Does anybody have any advice on where to start?
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
When I messed around with piezo pickups, I bought a $5 piezo pickup on ebay (like this one) that was intended for a ukelele (since that meant it wasn't too long to fit under the bridge) and made a bracket that slipped over the bridge posts and sat under the body of the bridge, sandwiching the pickup between. I hated how it sounded, but if you had one that wasn't $5 and intended for a guitar it might sound ok. I'd recommend trying it without drilling holes/etc in the body for wires/etc first though so if you hate it, you're not screwed.

Oh, and I took a spring clamp and clamped it against the body in various places, and I found the sound was extremely dependent on where on the body it was. In general, the further from the bridge it was, the more bassy the tone was.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Last edited by DuctTapeNinja at Feb 11, 2012,