So I need to write a short essay on Nixon's checkers speech and how this speech shows the true Nixon. How does this speech uncover the rabid pitbull hiding under that càlm and collected cover. I have no idea how to connect the dots.
You'd have to be pretty sure he didn't change between this speech and the presidency, and I don't think you can say that without some kind of proof.

You can say how he defends himself adamantly in the speech shows the starting conditions from which he would evolve into a paranoid criminal. His self-focus demonstrates what he will become.

I have no qualification for saying this. I wrote a paper on Watergate, and did a decent amount of background reading for it, but that was ages ago, so please, take everything I say with a large grain of kosher salt.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
You'd have to be pretty sure he didn't change between this speech and the presidency, and I don't think you can say that without some kind of proof.

You can say how he defends himself adamantly in the speech shows the starting conditions from which he would evolve into a paranoid criminal. His self-focus demonstrates what he will become.

I have no qualification for saying this. I wrote a paper on Watergate, and did a decent amount of background reading for it, but that was ages ago, so please, take everything I say with a large grain of kosher salt.

haha any ideas are welcomed i just need to get a jump start on my brain and get the connections going. good idea though!