So right now, i have an orange TH30 and i love the sound, but sometimes it's just not loud enough.
Has anyone played the TH100?
Im hoping it'll sound the same, only louder? But there's something telling me it's not gonna haha

any experience?
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Honestly, buy a used Rocker or Thunder for the price of a TH100. Played a TH100 for the first time today and was really, really unimpressed. Sold my Thunderverb today but it sounded waaayyyy better. Much thicker but much more definition at the same time. More thump. More gain on tap. Not as good for cleans but they're definitely passable at the least.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I loved the Clean of the TH100, better than the RV100 II (still have) or TV200 (had) and it has enough Gain for Metal, based on the few weekends that I've auditioned it. The main selling point of the TV200 for me is that it's also an awesome Bass amp.

For the distinctive Orange tone, you can't go wrong with the TH100. It sounds very nice with V30s but I preferred it with the Bogner Uberkab with V30s and T75s. YMMV.

Like i said guys, i'm really happy with the tone i'm getting from the TH30, i just need more volume.
How's the TH100 sound in comparison to the TH30?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special

My Band
Juturna

they also have the TH50, dont know how much more head room you need
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
well the th100 has a different output section, i havent tried it, but i have a th30 too.

I guess the el84s in the TH30 make the cleans sparkly and cut some low end. So id imagine more lows, less sparkle.

Why do you need more volume? My th30 could keep up with anything.
Quote by Robbgnarly
they also have the TH50, dont know how much more head room you need

I think you're thinking about the Thunderverb dude?

Our drummers a machine. I'm running it through an orange 4x12, and i have to put it on full power with the volume at 2/3 just to hear over him. The other guitarist is using a TSL100. i could make do with it, but i just don't like pushing stuff too hard!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special

My Band
Juturna

Quote by Rossmillertarn!
I think you're thinking about the Thunderverb dude?

Our drummers a machine. I'm running it through an orange 4x12, and i have to put it on full power with the volume at 2/3 just to hear over him. The other guitarist is using a TSL100. i could make do with it, but i just don't like pushing stuff too hard!

Yeah I was, I didnt realize how overpriced those were untill I just looked them up. $2200 is a little much for that head
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Tell him to chill out and learn to play properly.

Controlled dynamics and consideration for your fellow band members are an important part of being a musician.
Id guess anyway.

Also the 100 wont be much louder. More headroom before it broke up, since its not using EL84s, but its guna be like a whole 7db louder...

What speakers are in your cab, maybe you can try some more effecient ones? Or angling the cab back so the sound is projected towards your ears rather than your knees.

Getting the 100 watt just so you can cut through in band practice is a bit redundant when youll be miced for shows anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote by beckyjc
Tell him to chill out and learn to play properly.
Controlled dynamics and consideration for your fellow band members are an important part of being a musician.
Id guess anyway.
Also the 100 wont be much louder. More headroom before it broke up, since its not using EL84s, but its guna be like a whole 7db louder...
What speakers are in your cab, maybe you can try some more effecient ones? Or angling the cab back so the sound is projected towards your ears rather than your knees.
Getting the 100 watt just so you can cut through in band practice is a bit redundant when youll be miced for shows anyway.
Just my 2 cents.

He's like the best drummer i know! he's just a loud drummer haha
I'll try tilting it back, because i'm using V30's and i've never had a problem before.
i guess you're right about the 100w thing!
Thanks
Mesa Single Rectifier
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special

My Band
Juturna

Quote by beckyjc

Why do you need more volume? My th30 could keep up with anything.

+1
My drummer wrecks his drum skins, he hits really hard, but I can keep up with him with volume on 6?
You sure you're not scooping your mids too much?

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Get a good EQ pedal for the loop
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100