I am currently looking for a new amp.. i have around 600 dollars to spend. Music i play is similar to The Strokes, The Vines, Arctic monkeys etc.

If it helps i have a fender american strat and an epiphone les paul.

My first choice would be vox AC30VR but i haven't tried one out so im open for ideas
What you need is a new a---

Oh, crap. You're actually getting a new amp... Well, here's my shootout hence far:

I have a friend who has a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and just runs a ton of pedals into it. He's a big metal guy, so he's got so many freakin pedals and EQ's and shit that... Well, I feel that a Fender amp wouldn't be too bad a place to start. Their 1x12 is around 499 bucks for tube.

Meanwhile, I'm saving up to get a Tweaker 40. I like having all the buttons and crap to tool around with. Its more expensive (I think its like 800 bucks?) but the original Tweaker amp sells for 599. Only has one channel, but if most of the changes you're making are through distortion pedals etc. it should only be a slight inconvenience and not a total deterrent.
Quote by L2112Lif
What you need is a new a---

Oh, crap. You're actually getting a new amp... Well, here's my shootout hence far:

I have a friend who has a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and just runs a ton of pedals into it. He's a big metal guy, so he's got so many freakin pedals and EQ's and shit that... Well, I feel that a Fender amp wouldn't be too bad a place to start. Their 1x12 is around 499 bucks for tube.

Meanwhile, I'm saving up to get a Tweaker 40. I like having all the buttons and crap to tool around with. Its more expensive (I think its like 800 bucks?) but the original Tweaker amp sells for 599. Only has one channel, but if most of the changes you're making are through distortion pedals etc. it should only be a slight inconvenience and not a total deterrent.

lol im actually using a decent amount of pedals so ig it applies to me as well!
And fender hot rod deluxe is def on my list of amps that im going to try out!
I've got the Hot Rod Deluxe, and I do enjoy the cleans. If you have pedals for your dirt, use them!

The built in drive isn't exactly my cup o' tea. It get super loud, so its got lots of headroom.
Quote by Polar13
Vox AC15 or Fender Blues Junior could work for those bands.

I pretty sure their not loud enough for my needs.
go with a fender, i play some of that stuff too out of my twin reverb and theres just something about fender cleans that work out well. a lot of the indie rock groups out of england were using twins and supers and deluxes. the hot rod would be a great choice. but i love the ac15 and 30 too so if thats your other option then youre in good shape
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by ThisIsWar21
I pretty sure their not loud enough for my needs.

Both of those would be louder than the AC30VR in OP because it has a solid state power amp.
How loud do you need it to be? An AC15 can keep up with a drummer easily and the amp would be mic'd anywhere else.

A Fender would probably fit your taste better than a Vox, so look into the NOS Blues Junior and Hot Rod Deluxe.
Last edited by Polar13 at Feb 12, 2012,