I'll follow the guidelines even though this isn't for an amp.

Budget? $300 USD or less

Genres? -Rock, ambient, blues, wee bit o' metal

New or Used? Either, though I haven't been able to find much locally.

Home or Gig? Gigging, lots of gigging. (Will be almost every day this summer, more on that later.)

Closest City? - Lincoln, Nebraska. I can drive to Omaha if it's a really good deal.

Current Gear? - Sold the Peavey, a Jet City 22h head is on it's way to me right now.

I need to get a cab soon, I would prefer it to be a slant 4x12 because I'll be needing one this summer. I'm playing guitar for a camp band so I'll be playing outdoors, about 5-6 days a week, un-miked, and I feel like the extra projection from a 4x12 would be good. I've looked at cabs (online) by Kustom, Bugera, Jet City (2x12 only), Acoustic, Ibanez, B-52, and Raven, but I'm not really sure which one would be the best (or if they're all pretty much the same). Suggestions?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I have the same question. Anyone?
98' Peavey Wolfgang Special USA "Pat Pend"
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender Stickered Pinecaster Tele
Kramer 5150 Replica-GFS VEH
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
You can usually find Marshall 1960 cabs on Craigs List for $300-350. For that price, you can't really do any better, unless you happen to stumble upon an Avatar (not very likely).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You can usually find Marshall 1960 cabs on Craigs List for $300-350. For that price, you can't really do any better, unless you happen to stumble upon an Avatar (not very likely).

I check the 3 Craigslists that are within driving distance of me multiple times a day. So far nothing has popped up besides Crate 4x12s for ridiculous high prices.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yeah, your CL is pretty dead.

Offer these guys $300 and see what they say?

http://omaha.craigslist.org/msg/2788396801.html
http://omaha.craigslist.org/msg/2803891385.html

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last 412 I bought I paid $200 @ a local pawnshop and is the one listed in my sig.. Not the greatest cab but was acceptable..

Don't forget to check the pawnshops as ever so often you can find stuff like this..
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
for new, the Jet City JCA 2x12 cab is nice and only $220 new.

Used look for a Marshall 1936
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If your Craigslist is pretty dead, there's always the Used section of Guitar Center's website. I've seen Marshall 1960's dirt cheap all around their site, and if you are willing to save up a bit more, you could probably get a Mesa 4x12 for around $400 (probably not in great condition though).
Also, lopoline, trm and rocket cabs are all very well built and extremely cheap. Google any of them and you'll find them.
Hebrews 12: 29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

Warmoth humbucker-tele (specs soon to change), EHX 44 magnum power amp into 1x12 with WGS Retro 30 and a Barber Electronics Dual Unlimited.
I cant really tell, but it doesn't have the naked lady in the corner, so maybe a 5150 cab?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
that looks like an old 5150 angled cab. they arent bad the sheffield speakers are kinda meh but hey it does the job.

look for an OLD crate blue voodoo cab. the old ones had V30s in them and they sell for around 200-250 used. like suggested before the guitar center used website should have them. or try ebay.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/msg/2801346578.html this guy is worth talking to. get him to $300. upgrade the speakers later, that's good wood right there.

Quote by iheartgun
look for an OLD crate blue voodoo cab. the old ones had V30s in them and they sell for around 200-250 used. like suggested before the guitar center used website should have them. or try ebay.

+1 to this

also consider putting up a WTB ad on craigslist? (wanted to buy)
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 13, 2012,
i heard HARLEY BENTON G412A VINTAGE is pretty good, it has celestion 30 speakers, (same as in marshall cabs i believe) but its much cheaper
Quote by souperman08
http://omaha.craigslist.org/msg/2837216069.html

Can anyone recognize this cab and tell me if it's a good deal? If it's the 6505 cab then it seems like a decent deal.

Looks like its a 412EX cab. Speakers are pretty meh, but not terrible. I definitely would not pay anything over $200 for it. I got my cab for $120 on Craigslist and its way more badass than that.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Iynyrd
i heard HARLEY BENTON G412A VINTAGE is pretty good, it has celestion 30 speakers, (same as in marshall cabs i believe) but its much cheaper

Strictly available in Europe.

Pretty much the Jet City 212 is going to be your best bet new.

Used, you might find a Mesa 212 or 412, Avatar, Orange, or the Crate Blue Voodoo cabs. I'd also see if you can find a Marshall 412MF cab.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by souperman08
My local search has been pretty fruitless (Cabs in terrible condition, or guys just asking way too much.) Does anyone have any opinion or experience with these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/acoustic-lead-guitar-series-g412a-4x12-stereo-guitar-speaker-cabinet/h74445000000000
DO NOT get that cabinet. Instead...

Quote by myself
If your Craigslist is pretty dead, there's always the Used section of Guitar Center's website. I've seen Marshall 1960's dirt cheap all around their site, and if you are willing to save up a bit more, you could probably get a Mesa 4x12 for around $400 (probably not in great condition though).
Peavey 6505 cabs also aren't horrid and go for pretty cheap on Guitar Center's used site as well.
Just a thought..check out seismic audio. I'm looking at 212 but they seem like nice cabs and you can upgrade the speakers later.
Beach Hound

"Time Well Wasted..."BP
im trying to sell my 4x12 but i had no dice on CL.

its a crate 4x12 USA straightcab

im selling it for $200 PM me if ur interested
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
If you go on Ebay right now there is an Avatar 2x12 with eminence speakers for 295 buy it now
More gear laying around then I know what to do with, and still buying crap.
i got my crate fw412b for $130
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
i got my crate fw412b for $130

shh u
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED